Used 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Dangerous headlights

larry_rymal, 02/07/2015
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Comfortable, secure-feeling pickup. Overall quality feel is pure A-1. Daytime confidence value just can't be higher. Motor is strong, shifting is smooth after about 1000 miles. Tows well without sagging in the back due to trailer tongue weight. Best truck I have owned. But, this truck has a blemish--a dangerous one. In rural areas, the headlamp lighting is awful. There is no lateral light spill to assist turning onto intersecting roads. None. Left turns are the worse. You will be turning into total darkness. The effect is as if you have a burned out left lamp. Going straight, the hi-beam doesn't "reach out and touch" enough. You will need to buy auxiliary lighting.

Love my GMC

Jay, 03/05/2016
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have put 30,000 miles on my truck before writing this review. No problems at all! Lots of highway miles, lots of testing on dirt roads/paths. Navigation is fantastic, interior on the new models is hands down the best fit and finish of any truck. Transmission shifts silky smooth (dodge was terrible). Headlights are not the brightest, but I have the fog lamps and use them all the time anyway. 5.3 V8 is great, from the school of thought that a full size pickup should have a V8 ( Sorry ford). Get a Sierra, you will not be disappointed.

Transmission Faulty

Paul, 07/21/2015
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had this truck in the shop 3 times for a shift issue with the transmission; it would have been more but I'm just waiting for my lease to expire so I can get a Ram! The transmission slams into gear at low speeds and the transmission won't shift so the RPM hangs around 4000 rpm until I let my foot off the gas.

2014 Sierra 100k mike report

Dave, 10/18/2015
SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a dealer lifted new truck ( get everything in writing as dealer told me it would not effect warranty.... Straight up lie) # update 122,000 Miles Truck has had multiple tranny issues multiple trips to multiple dealers, horrible metallic noise from somewhere in the power train... I never though I would have a GM with under 130k be ready for the junk yard. GM has contacted me because of my post on Facebook But aside from warrantying the GM tranny that I paid for at 90k I seriously doubt they will lift a finger to help. I would not recommend a GM truck to anyone who drives a lot or depends on their vehicle for an income At 3k miles wipers went out At 10k radiator was leaking At 40k tranny was shifting funny was told the infamous " unable to duplicate " At 50k Tranny was making horible noise, once again " unable to duplicate" Blue tooth system is always messing up At 55k radiator leaking exact same spot and GM refuses to replace At 75k had tra by checked out again for grinding noise was told no issues At 80k tranny goes belly up and dealer and GM refuse to warrant ( 5k put into a truck that's less than 24 months old) At 85k it's time for my bi monthly radiator replacement, this time I go with an after market At 93k traction control goes out At 98k engine has a bad miss and runs rough Over all nice looking truck with to way to many issues, GM will use any excuse to get out of warrant work and the trucks are just not made

Nice truck, but the driveability is questionable

jgedde, 02/09/2014
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Edmunds review does a good job of describing the trucks good sides. OK, now for the downsides. The throttle response on this truck is an absolute disgrace. There is a delay before your right foot's motion changes acceleration. That and the transmission's obsession with getting into the highest gear possible makes a sluggish combination during normal driving. A downshift sometimes takes several seconds! If this is all for fuel economy, I could possibly understand, but the economy, so far, isn't much better than the 2005 5.3 Avalanche this truck replaced. Maybe because I'm pushing this truck too hard trying to get it to respond to my right foot... Shoulda got the Ram...

12345...10