Used 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Sorry to say my last GM product

GDBYGM, 03/24/2010

Like others my truck ran flawless for the first 15,000 or so and then the problems began. The rear drum brakes started to squeal every time you applied them, dash rattle, headliner rattle(dealer attempted to fix-rattle is back). Approximately 20k turning the steering wheel produced a weird noise(dealer tried to repair-it's back) 26k new front rotors and pads(my other vehicle has 71k with original pads if your wondering about my driving). 37k new belt tensioner and belts(squealing noise) 39k main engine seal leak(luckily repaired by GM) 41k steering link rattle(replaced link) and now "service brake system" message displayed. Thank you for stealing my $34,000 GM

Very Nice Truck

gkway, 05/19/2006

Bought this truck after testing every full size on the market. I liked the F- 150 but nobody was willing to be half way reasonable. Toyota thinks to highly of the Tundra, and Dodge is a major gas hog. I am already getting over 17 mpg in the city and 21 mpg on the highway, and that is with less than 2000 miles on it! The seats are very comfortable on long trips, and everything seems to be well laid out. Their is so little road noise it is incredible! I really like this truck!

Wonderful truck

ericfromhouston, 06/06/2006

This truck has been great. The room is fantastic and the ride is a dream. My wife loves the way she can drive this truck and not feel intimidated. I love the power and the feel of the way the truck handles in all situations. GMC has defined the term "Texas - Cadillac."

Nice Rig

Robo M., 11/02/2005

Truck is very smooth. My wife has never driven one of my trucks by choice, but she wants to drive this one.I have owned Ford, Dodge. This is my first Z-71 Sierra. All the toys included except for a universal garage door opener. The engine is powerful and fast. Smooth acceleration fools you as to you actual speed. The MPG is approximately 3 miles per gallon more than my 2001 dodge truck. I live in hilly areas and the 4X4 truck averages 15 MPG. With 2 growing boys the Crew Cab gives them more than enough room in the back seat, grown adults no longer mind riding in the back seat of my truck. This is a can't miss vehicle! If you are looking for a new truck test drive this one!!

Thumbs up design-Thumbs down mechanical

tkdk, 11/10/2009

Saw it on the lot and fell in love with its looks.Interior roomy,laid out well very good fit and finish. Fun to drive and real head turner I maintained it 100? inside and out. Then the DARK CLOUD at 40000-60. 4 tie rods,4 front hubs 4 brake jobs,Front and rear differential rebuilt,u joints,Drive shaft out of alignment, Steering column rattling like my 2002.Went to 2 dealers and factory Rep for warranty help.SORRY!!.70000 Master cylinder and ABS started goingBrought it to dealer for trADE.GAVE ME A GREAT DEAL PLUS REBATES.What did i trade it for? 2009 .GMC Sierra Z71 Crew cab.I know I know, Last try my 3rd.Pick it up in two days PS 5Yr 100000 warranty. My problems are theirs