Skip to main content

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons
4.25 out of 5 stars

just like a beautiful woman

pabelomeister, 03/13/2013
4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got this truck used with 80000. It had a bad intake gasket and got replaced. Engine has not given me any issues since. z71 4x4 is pretty dang nice, its hard to get this this thing stuck in the mud. Issue with the motor in the transfer case... but never stopped working (says service yada yada. been checked. not a big issue). basic maintenance and think I can give this vehicle to my kids (not soon either). GMC seems like a good truck with some quirks, but solid and runs when you need it. The 5.3 has some passing power, and tows like a champ. If you like your girls a little high maintenance, go on and get it. If not, then buy an old truck and forget about all the gadgets. good luck.

Also Consider
2022 SIERRA 1500 LIMITED
Check out current offers on the GMC SIERRA 1500 LIMITED
View Offers
GMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details.

4 out of 5 stars

Couldn't ask for anything more.

rustysmith, 03/03/2009
2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

6 years later, I'm still happy with my purchase. It's been a great truck with no worries. The only problem I've had is not getting the speedometer fixed before the recall ran out. My own fault. Other than that, only oil changes for over 120k miles. Reliability on these trucks is second-to-none. I have three friends with the same body style (one '04 and two '05's) and all have over 100k miles w/only 3 problems. My speedometer went out @ 105k. On the '05, his alternator went out @ 134k and his tranny went @ 166k. Using the gold standard of reliability, he has an '01 Camry. The starter went @ 150k and the tranny @ 160k. GM seems to be catching up to the Japanese automakers. Great job.

3.25 out of 5 stars

R Coyle, 05/18/2010
4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in late 2002 truck has been average for comfort and mileage is good. Reliability is not good to many small issue my truck only has 60k and have replaced both front wheel bearings, replaced two power window motors, had to replace sensor for ABS brakes, steering gear box and now the cluster is going bad. GM know the cluster unit is an issue but refused to help on the repair cost. I think I am going to look at the Toyota Tundra for my next truck. GM just need to have a better warranty on the little things that are always going bad on their vechiles.

3.88 out of 5 stars

Great Truck

CJB, 08/26/2010
4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck new in 2003.I needed something for the snow and thought I would try a GMC for once.There have been no problems with the truck until the 4WD module went out at 55k miles.The truck seems to dance around in the rear end in the snow abit.havent had any problems to speak of until 85k miles when the left front hub bearing went out. Tires lasted until 68k miles and still have the original battery in it.The front/rear brakes still have 50% left and should be good until 150k miles.The interior is still solid and everything still works like the day I bought it.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Great Truck

Jason 95834, 03/04/2003
2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have taken all the makes for this type of truck for a test drive, and this truck was the one. The GMC has the best handeling/comfort, good power and excellent seats and interior(did not look tastless or cheasy).Hardly any wind noise and no annoying vibrations. Build quality I am most impressed with. Someone in a Mustang t-boned the truck on the drivers side and caused 3K worth of damage. Totaled the Mustang. Most importantly no one was injured. I got the truck back after the body shop fixed and cleaned it up.Hats off to the guys at the body shop and to the GMC division for building a great truck keeping my wife safe.

12345...14