Skip to main content

$28,700

Save as much as $1,845
Select your trim:

Pros
    Cons
    1 out of 5 stars

2021 GMC Canyon Elevation 2WD POS!!!!

2021 GMC Canyon Elevation 2WD , 06/04/2021
    2021 GMC Canyon Elevation 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My transmission is already having issues. When I put it in reverse it jerks really bad. You can definitely hear metal banging. This started with less than 230 miles on the truck. Not it has 707 miles and today on the freeway at 55 mph it stated shaking violently. I went straight to the dealership where I purchased it. They advised me it was the steering column linkage. The dam truck has a floor shifter lol. This truck looks expensive but it's a real POS!!!! I bought on 05282021, the dealership won't even give me a loaner vehicle to check the vehicle out for 2 weeks. Besides that to top it off the paint on the left fender has a major manufacturer defect. Tge paint is messed up and they said they have a body shop will repair it. Keep in I bought this truck brand new with 6 miles on it. Vehicle purchased a Suburban Buick GMC Cadillac of Costa Mesa, Ca I'm extremely upset and disappointing that they would rather me drive an unsafe vehicle for 2 more weeks and jeopardize my safety and my families. If anyone from general motors corporate reads this please help me thank you

7 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
    Check out current offers on the GMC Canyon Elevation
    View Offers
    GMC.com

2021 AT4 GMC Canyon

Bob S., 03/04/2021
    2021 GMC Canyon AT4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB w/Leather (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've got a little over 2K on my 2021 Canyon AT4 Quad cab short bed. There is nothing I don't like about this mid size pickup. Really glad with the redesign body in 2021 vs. prior years. The ride is smooth, seats are firm and comfortable. Enjoy the remote start. Have had to get use to actually putting a key into the ignition again. The tow rating of over 7K fits with our towing needs and we do have the tow package. The milage is quite good and auto 2/4x works great.

4 out of 5 stars

My last new vehiclel!!

Bob Mulhall, 09/10/2020
    updated 03/11/2022
    2021 GMC Canyon Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I ordered my new 2021 Canyon and it took about 8 weeks to arrive at Bocker Motors in Freeport IL. I have about 200 miles on it as I write this,,,,Its the top of the line and listed out about $49,050 with tax and license...Only 2 things I wish was better is a tinted windshield and a better finish cover up of the pinch weld seam on the bottom of cab.The new colored interior in Lt. coaco is wonderful...ride is good and optional intake and exhaust sound great...I got a white one and reason was I didn't like the colors offered ,,also the $1000 up charge for colors may be a deal breaker for some buyers,,I never owned a white vehical before,,[non-permissible content removed].....The new front end looks bold and makes truck look bigger also....

Build Your 2022 Canyon Elevation
    At a Glance:
    • 4 Colors
    • 2 Trims
    • 5 Packages
    • $26,800starting MSRP
    Build & PriceGMC.com
    *The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

It’s a beaut Clark

Jimmy Klein, 01/10/2021
    2021 GMC Canyon Elevation 4dr Crew Cab 5.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2021 GMC Canyon Elevation 2wd. I absolutely love it! This is my first GMC and I have to say the inside is probably the nicest I’ve ever had on a truck. I have the v6 which has plenty of power. The truck looks great also! I also think it makes you feel like your driving a full size truck. Compared to my 2017 Nissan Frontier.Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new truck.

2 out of 5 stars

2021 Canyon AT4...Great looks, Awful reliability!

Sam, 03/26/2021
    2021 GMC Canyon All Terrain 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Leather (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

On the good side, the truck looks great! Mine is dark gray with red accents and all the bells and whistles! I’m always getting positive comments on it...that’s where the good stops however. First issue: My check engine light came on at just over 600 miles prompting my online diagnostics to tell me to take my car in for service within one day. It was the Engine Control Unit (basically the onboard computer). It took about 4 days to get a new one and a day for the repair. Second issue: This ones not a big deal, but it shows a quality control issue. I noticed a part just dangling from the front end one day (roughly 700 miles at this point). It looked to be a very cheaply made sensor and I couldn’t quite get it back in its place. Another trip to the dealership! It was outside temperature sensor. The tech was able to plug it back in after about an hour. Probably a good time to mention that this a 42,000 dollar truck with cheap plastic materials. Third issue: My fault for not catching this immediately, but I was parking outside on gravel and didn’t notice the fluid leak! Got my garage built and after the first night of parking on clean concrete, there it was...a puddle of oily fluid! 3k miles at this point by the way! Another trip to the dealership! The fluid was coming from the front differential plug. I was told that that the drain plug had been improperly machined at the factory (45 degree angle vs. straight up and down), so that when the drain plug was installed it was, of course, mis-threaded! So they had to replace the entire casing. As I write this, they have had my truck for 19 days! GM initially shipped them a bare casing...none of the other necessary parts to properly fix it! After another shipment, they still did send everything that was needed! I mentioned quality control earlier...there is a big problem here! I’m now being told it will be another 3 days! Makes me wonder what is really going on with this repair! Fourth issue: This one is unresolved at present. Under normal driving conditions (no towing, hauling, etc.) when going up or down hills the transmission doesn’t shift properly leading to high engine RPMs (3500-4000). This is an 8 Speed transmission! The shop foreman stated that this was normal. Really? I really wanted to love this truck, but now I’m just wondering what’s going to happen next. Another extremely frustrating thing is trying to deal with GM customer service! It’s a 1-800 number that leaves you wanting to set yourself on fire! I can’t count the number of times I was disconnected, waiting for a rep! When I finally got to speak to someone, I couldn’t understand them or got disconnected while on hold! They had my number, but never bothered to call me back! Their motto is “Professional Grade”...it should be “Amateur Hour”!