2019 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $9,476
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Best SUV so far

BaxterFranks, 05/30/2019
SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Previous SUV type vehicles: 1976 Jeep CJ5, 1996 Chevy Blazer, 1999 Dodge Durango, 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2007 Chevy Tahoe, 2013 Caddy SRX. The 2 Chevy's and the Caddy were the best of the bunch with the Caddy being the best. Now the Acadia. I'm currently 4 months and 3,000 miles into ownership. It now owns the top spot for my SUV ownership experience. I shopped the Pilot & Highlander also and ultimately bought the Acadia SLT-1. The ride and handling is great and on par with the Caddy. The 3.6l v6 mpg is best, higher than the 2.7l v6 in the 2003 Hyundai. The Tahoe being so large had its inherent handling issues, but was still better than the Dodge. The features that swayed me to the Acadia vs Pilot, Highlander, XT5, Traverse or Enclave. Leather seating in a vehicle without sunroof. I only open the sunroof and widows on any of our vehicles when my wife gives a lustful eye when we drive by a convertible (our convertible disease is another story). So that cost savings and GM incentives wipeout the lower depreciation rates on the Pilot & Highlander. Next, reliability. I have owned multiple GM cars for 10 years and 100k miles with no problems(my latest being a Pontiac 2008 G8 which is currently being driven by my son). Likewise the Tahoe(100k miles) and SRX(80k miles(totally at 65mph, T-boned a driver who failed to yield)(yes we walked away)) were issue free. SLT-1, optional 3.6L V6 & towing package.

From a Tahoe to the Acadia Denali

Natasha Bish, 05/18/2019
Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently traded a tank of a Tahoe for an smaller cross over that fits the whole family. Granted the Tahoe was an LS model but with two kids about to learn how to drive the safety features really makes me more comfortable with them driving. Another bonus is the WiFi availability which my kids love! I love the everything about this car so far. The salesman and entire staff at Southern GMC in Chesapeake Virginia were wonderful to us. Adam was very knowledgeable and helpful. We were able to meet our price point and the husband got a free GMC hat, and they filled up the gas tank. I am very pleased and happy with our decision to not get another big sized SUV.

Blown head and head gasket right out of the gate!

PissedOffwithLemon , 10/27/2019
SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It was acting strange after it was purchased brand new and shuddered, then check engine lights came on and it blew the head gasket and cylinder head. Barely made it to dealership 1/2 mile away! Took 14 days to get the parts and fix! And, it had other codes and I never saw where that was fixed! Horn was honking for no reason and I got an Onstar alert that the security system was activated. It’s because this is haunted with problems, Biggest lemon I ever seen. According to my states rules, this hasn’t qualified as a lemon...yet! Anybody ever heard of buying a new vehicle with a blown gasket and bad cylinder service head...me neither! 2.5l engine, by the way. Still trying to figure out if I should dump it and lose money, wait until it qualifies for the lemon law or just put up with all the problems! Lose, lose options!

Ad
Build Your Acadia
Build & PriceGMC.com

Great vehicle

Dave, 01/18/2019
SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It is a bit smaller than most 7 seaters, but larger than most 5 seat suvs, with better cargo space. I think it is a perfect compromise. I like that it is available with a 4 cylinder engine that gets very good mileage, for a large vehicle. It comes with pretty good options and is comfortable and roomy. When the third row is folded down it has much more cargo space than the Edge or the Grand Cherokee. Love it.

Great Vehicle

Wisconsin Driver, 12/21/2019
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The ergonomics are great. It's a very comfortable ride. We are average sized people, and we have plenty of room. The safety features are helpful, and I recommend them. The touch screen controls are augmented by traditional buttons, which are all easy to use. Handling is very good. I thoroughly enjoy driving this SUV.

12345...8