Used 2012 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Lots of problems
By Morris M

2012 GMC Acadia SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my parent’s car , but I and my husband get to do whatever something breaks. First we didn’t do research before we bought this car, it had 101K miles and it was priced $15,999. After few months of driving one of the light went out which was not easy to find and replace. Now there is no air flow in the front AC/ heat vents. I read lots of similar problems about this car now. The value is certainly not worthy. I wanted to remove my name from the loan and so we tried refinancing but the bank won’t do it because we owe more than the value of the car. Total bummer, I hope GMC would do something about this issue or else counting on loosing business.

Bought newer car to have Air
By Linda

2012 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a newer car to have air conditioning, which I told dealer and I didn't have cash to fix anything, which I found out after purchasing 2012 Acadia Denali it had leakage problem and I wasn't told. They claimed to sell 100% quality cars and sold me their problem. We've had to replace freon multiple times in 2 years after they had already put leak color additive in it to find leak. I guess they gave up and never fixed it. It also has an awful smell that comes from air conditioning/ heater. It makes you sick and allergy clogged. And no one will tell you for certain what the pounds of freon should be because sticker wears off and no one can read them. This is beyond ridiculous when you pay this kind of money for a new car. Very sad.

Unreliable
By Scott

2012 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I want to like the Acadia but after numerous repairs, several for the same issue (A/C not working) it is hard to recommend this suv. I love the captain seats in the back and overall it is a comfortable SUV to drive around in.

2012 GMC Acadia - do not buy
By mysmith3

2012 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Minor issues under 58k miles (AC/liftgate/power steering/waterpump). As soon as vehicle hit 59k miles and out of warranty....Transmission issues, Power Steering issues, Engine issues, Water Pump issues, Cat Converter issues, The issues are non-stop and dealerships are willing to help, but also willing to take $$ and lots of it! Maybe I am just so use to only replacing the tires, brakes, oil, and fluids that FORD has spoiled me (driven over 1million miles with FORDs). Sad I can not even make it to 60K in a GMC without spending - maybe its normal, but I can say I do not like it.

Loved this car until I reached 90k miles
By M English

2012 GMC Acadia SUV SLE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Speakers shorted out. Driver seat panel literally came off and cannot be reattached. Alternator died. GMC Mahwah NJ charged over $800 to replace the alternator. Charged over $800 to replace speakers. The car has some type of electrical problem. It does not always start and the speakers still cut in and out. The car stutters when reaching 2.5 rpm. Disgusted with car and dealership.