Used 2015 Ford Transit Wagon Van Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Transit Wagon Van Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Wagon model:

Ford transit ecoboost 150 250 review
By Nick

2015 Ford Transit Wagon Van 150 XL Medium Roof 3dr Passenger Van (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After owning this van since 2015 I can say it is by far the fastest van I have ever driven, too fast, I have the ecoboost with 3.31 rear gear, but everything else is terrible, seats are the worst I have ever sat in, little to no padding, no up and down adjustment options, the tires are crap and cannot be swapped with anything larger, slips around like a small car in the snow, never had these problems before in 25 years of driving vans, no where fits my phone on the dash, the windows are so large on the side you can see the drivers pants, its like sitting in a fishbowl. I wish I could get my money back and go back to my old van, the 2 extra miles per gallon and ridiculous speed are not worth it. (blew the doors off a BMW race car yo yo) he must have been shocked. So if you want the fastest, most uncomfortable, fishbowl in the world, this van is for you. also, no more putting the bucket upside down between the seats for pancho to come with, it wont fit.

Ford dealers need training
By RJ

2015 Ford Transit Wagon Van 150 XLT Low Roof 3dr Passenger Van w/Sliding Passenger Side Door (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Van had dead battery repeatedly. Local dealer replaced battery in Feb 2017, alternator in April 2017, then Van did not start in June 2017 when we were 700 miles from home. I had the van towed to a dealer under the Ford towing plan: a GREAT benefit!!! After 6 weeks, we got a "repaired" van back and drove home. Van did not start in August. Had the van towed to the local dealer but they failed to fix van after three weeks. Had the van towed at my expense to specialty shop, R&M Mobility, 60 miles from home which then collaborated with World Ford, a dealer there. Together they fixed the issues: the wiring from the engine to the battery was incorrectly installed so they installed a parallel copper wire.

Great for a large family
By Josiah Thoen

2015 Ford Transit Wagon Van 350 XLT Medium Roof 3dr Passenger Van (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Storage is little to none in the 15 passenger. A backup camera is highly recommended. Privacy glass is also nice to have because everyone looks in your windows. Drives great. Fits in most parking spaces but sometimes hangs out a little. Width fits perfectly though. Arm rests could use more padding.

Commuter in a vanpool - we all hate this van
By Kelly

2015 Ford Transit Wagon Van 150 XL Low Roof 3dr Passenger Van w/60/40 Passenger Side Door (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I ride in a vanpool that travels about an hour each way to and from our downtown area every day. We recently received a brand-new 10-passenger Transit van after having the older Ford van for several years. I have to say, this is the most uncomfortable van we've ever had to ride in. The front seat isn't too bad, except that you have to take a giant step up to get in it. The back seats are horrible. The Transit is much narrower than the older model, and the seats show it. You can hardly fasten the seatbelts because you're sitting on the receptacle (which is rigid and digs into your backside the entire trip). Whoever designed the seats obviously never sat behind one, because there is a bar that runs across the inside of the seat back that sits right at knee level of the person behind it, so that there is no possible position to sit in where your knees aren't hitting this bar. I'm 5'7" and I have to sit sideways to be able to fit my knees in the rear seats. It's a joke to call them captains chairs when there is no separation. You'd better like the person you're sitting next to because you are touching the entire time. The seats have little to no support and feel cheaply made. The running board that is supposed to help you get into the back of the vehicle is also very narrow, to the point of being dangerous. You can't just step down onto it when exiting the vehicle, if you did only your heel would fit. You have to turn your foot and body sideways to be able to get any use out of it, and even then you have to be very careful not to slip (I can tell you from personal experience, it's a long way down). On top of the utter discomfort of this vehicle, we've only had it for a couple of months and it already broke down! When we had to call our Metro company to tell them we were broken down on the side of the freeway and described the issue, we were told that they had several of these vans with the same problem - the throttle body. The A/C works - that's the only positive thing I can say about it. This van is so bad that I am considering not even riding in a vanpool anymore, and I've been on it for years. The prospect of being stuck with this vehicle for the next few years is depressing.

On the road family