Used 1990 Ford Thunderbird Coupe Consumer Reviews

$811 - $1,888

Used Thunderbird for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great car!

areldthomp, 03/04/2006
2dr Coupe

I drove this car for over 325,000 miles. Yes, you read that right over 300,000 miles. I bought it in 1993 with 74,000 miles. It spent 4 years in Alaska without a block heater and no problems. I had the transmission rebuilt once, head gasket replaced, and radiator replaced. With regular maintenance it ran beautifully for additional 6 years. It still runs great. I would buy another one if they still made them in this body style. Have had it since 1993.

'89 T-Bird

Nkenshalo, 01/20/2003
LX 2dr Coupe

GOOD CAR it has a powerful engine with good performance good style, the same frame as the '97 and overall it has everything you would want in a car today, the only car in 1989 to have rear independant suspension might i add!!

T-bird

Ron15003, 12/14/2003
2dr Coupe

I bought this car this past summer as a work/school car and i havent had a bit of trouble with it since. When i bought it, it had around 69,000 miles and currently has a little over 73,000. It is probably the most comfortable car ive ever driven or road in. Its nice and roomy, and i like the 3.8L engine. Its a pretty nice car for me, concidering im only 17. On occasion it does lack power though.

Looks like a beater ... runs like a champ!

psychoticdark, 10/22/2005
2dr Coupe

In 08/2005, my boyfriend bought me the T-Bird. There was a lot of rust on it, and I was skeptical about it. The first time we drove it, there were no brakes. It needed a new master cylinder, both rear wheel cylinders needed replacing, also a new alternator. The previous owners really did not keep up on the car. Once we did all that, it ran GREAT! Someone smashed the passenger side window, then we failed inspection to a broken coil spring, so we put new struts on it and gave it 4 beautiful new tires, and it drove like new. My boyfriend then drove it into a tree stump, and even after the repairs for that, it runs like new and drives great. It has 136,000 miles on it and you'd never know it!

the bird

milkbonez03, 04/14/2002
LX 2dr Coupe

this car has been in my family for almost 12 years now, Ive enjoyed it alot. the interior is the ergonomically sound setup I have ever seen and the car still has the same might it had the day it rolled off the showroom floor. nice car, head gaskets problems to watch out for however.