Used 2011 Ford Taurus SHO Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Taurus SHO Consumer Reviews

SHO 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

A blast to drive
By Barry

2011 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is an amazing value. It's fun to drive, roomy and very comfortable. It gives everyone I let drive it a smile on their face. I only have three issues. 1) the turning radius is terrible due to the all wheel drive. 2) MPG stinks. 3) The radio is not that great. I would still buy this car again.

When you say "I love my car"...
By M45STAR

2011 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I could repeat the same details as the standard and optional parts listed on this car, but that is repetitive... so I will skip it in this review. I will say...everything on this vehicle is top notch, no issues and no regrets by buying this Ford Taurus SHO. I will also say that this is the safest, most exciting, most powerful, most impressive and most reliable vehicle I have ever had the pleasure of owning. I purchased my 2011 SHO 4 years ago today and I still can say "I love my car". When you can say you love your car after 4 years of payments, then it must be true love. I will continue to own this SHO for as long as it lasts... maybe another 10 years. But if it can't be driven anymore, I will gladly step up to the next Ford Taurus SHO. Yes, it is true love. I won't settle for anything less. I LOVE MY SHO!

Great car
By Cliff

Poor AC. But great cat

SHO review
By J arnold

2011 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, very powerful, great engine.

Good acceleration, not as fun as Speed 6 or G8 GXP
By costeld

2011 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I may be one of the few people who have owned a Mazdaspeed 6, a new Taurus SHO, and a Pontiac G8 GXP with manual. I lost the Speed 6 in a divorce, downgraded for a while to a police interceptor (fun to abuse b/c its cheap), then bought a 2011 Taurus SHO with performance package in october of 2010. Mine had most options, only lacking adaptive cruise control (I think). I got a good deal on it (had to cross shop 4 dealers from 200 to 1000 miles away), but walked out $8000 under MSRP. I loved all the luxury features (not a Lincoln after all) and fresh styling. Overall a good value. However, I regretted not buying the G8 gxp instead (was hard to find) and eventually sold SHO for the GXP.

Many optional features! Impressive interior design and seats. Fast.

Conservative top speed (138 I think). Engine 2000 rpm below redline at top speed. Numb, over boosted steering. Fine in town but approaching top speed on the highway the steering wheel feels too light. (The wheel jerks when traversing bumps on turns). Choppy ride quality especially at speed. The top speed though conservative feels fast for the car. Terrible visibility, especially out the rear. thank god for the back up camera. Front seat area was somewhat claustrophobic. Unattractive two tone brown interior (which they fixed for 2013) and destracting recessed gauges (which they also fixed for 2013). Myford and Sync too complicated and distracting from driving. Infuriating voice recognition.