Used 2000 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Faithful Family Hauler

popperoni2, 06/07/2012
SE 4dr Wagon

I bought my wagon used in 2002, with 18,000 miles on it. It now has over 163,000 miles and is my 24 y.o. son's daily driver. With routine maintenance, I've never had any major failures. Still has the original tranny. AC blows cold. I commuted 35 miles (each way) daily for 3 years with no problems. It survived three years of being a primary driver for 2 different high schoolers, and four years as a frat beer hauler. It's been loaded for multiple college move-ins and move-outs. Even hauled a trailer full of furniture from Mich. to D.C. Still looks good, inside and out. Just today, it completed a 120-mile trip without a hitch. It's a great car.

Prayerfully on borrowed time.

Susie Q, 11/09/2008
SE 4dr Wagon

I bought this car new because Ford offered me a deal on my dead 4 year old Windstar. 8 Yrs later, it now has 226k miles on it (everything works). Need I say more? It gets 30 mpg on the hwy. Always used Mobile 1. Replaced the brakes annually due to driving hard and often. A few sensor problems. As precaution replaced the S belt at 100k. Mechanically sound & no big issues other than suspension wear & tear. My kids are driving their own cars now & other than wanting a fun car to drive, I can't justify replacing it. (the kids borrow the Taurus when their cars breakdown-go figure!) I'm hoping & praying she makes it to 300k miles. I'll let you know when she does!

Taurus Wagon: backup car/ recreational car

twedt3304, 05/05/2013
SE 4dr Wagon

Ive had the car since 2002 and gets driven about once a month When I dont drive my 09 focus coupe. Its a great recreational car: I go camping in it: Just fold down the back seats flat and you have a perfect bed, with plenty of head room left for a 5' 7" guy and my kid. Another great thing is the fact is seats 8 comfortably. Overall very comfortable and great build quality, other than my son says it looks like a potato. I Highly recommend it if Your looking for a Family or recreational car.

Great Car, Seats8, Holds More than SUV!!

triedandtrue, 03/24/2010
SE 4dr Wagon

I purchased this car as an alternative to a minivan or SUV. Loved the fact that it seats 8 (three front row seat belts, three second row, and two more with flip up third row seat.) The wide opening at the back is amazing - held more than our minivan or previous SUV when hauling furniture, kids, building materials, etc. Car was VERY reliable, just oil changes and basic maintenance. This car was an EXCELLENT value for us. Planned to keep it just a couple years but can't bear to part with it - it's been a great all-around car!

2000 Ford Taurus decent auto

peter, 01/02/2006
SE 4dr Wagon

I have had this car for 5 years; it is a decent car. My main gripe is lousy gas mileage in the city -- around 16-18 mpg. The mechanical reliability is ok, but it seems that there is a lot of normal wear and tear, such as struts,tie rods etc. I have the v6 with 153 hp. I wish I had purchased the more powerful engine as sometimes the car seems that it cannot get out of its own way. I like the safety features; front and side impact air bags, 4 wheel ABS. It is a really good looking car and overall have no regrets buying this car.