Used 1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Not another one like mine in the world!
By Mike

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in December 1995. Other than oil changes, tires, and brakes, I have probably had less than $2,000 in repairs. The body and interior are in excellent, almost new, condition. It has 105,000 miles. It lives in my garage, It's avoided sun exposure, and It always parks away from other vehicles in parking lots. I want a new truck, but I just can't part with this well performing beauty! The truck is a 4L V6 with non powered windows, doors, and mirrors. It has plush adjustable bucket seats and an awesome state of the art cassette player.

Very Good Truck Model
By Joe Morris

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

CANT GO WRONG
By Royal Bargo

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had my ranger since i was 15 in 2005, it had roughly 120,000 mls on it and the motor look rough. At first i thought i made a 2,000 dollar mistake. I still have that truck now 2015, with over 500,000 mls on it. There aint a price on my old truck.

the 4.0 engine is a piece of crap
By joeblo1

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck with 122,000 miles on it. It has 137,000 now and it has been nothing but trouble. I have had to replace the midshift bearings twice, the belt tensioner, body bushings and the fuel pump. The head gasket blew several weeks ago. When the engine was in pieces, we saw that one of the pistons had rubbed out gap in the cylinder wall. The motor is now completely useless.

very good looking truck, good suspension, good off road performance

very unreliable, constantly breaking down, easily rusts, electronics are constantly having problems

Built FORD Tough
By xrodriguez

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got my 1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L as a hand me down form my mother. with 165,000 miles. It is a very reliable truck and it lives up to its reputation. I have had many electrical problems. Dome light failed to go off and I had to take off the bulbs myself with a rag....ouch. Also, the dash lighting is starting to go out, and the trip and mileage reading went out. Took it many long trips. Had a friend in a Camaro try to take my reputation away with the ladies in High School. When we got off road I showed him out. And for a 2.3 threw a little dust and rocks in his face. Though I wish the back had a little more room in the back. It is a shame that Rangers are being discontinued. It is a mistake