Used 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

74,000 miles and I still love driving this car
By Pops

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My very 1st car was a 1968 Shelby GT 500 convertible. I sold it when I should have stored it (I know, just one of the biggest mistakes Iv'e ever made...). So I got this 2013 as kind of a mid-life crisis/nostalgic gift to myself. Tried to set it up to look kind of like my old Shelby with the side scoops and rocker panel stripes. But my Shelby was an automatic; I went with the 6-speed manual on the mustang. First the looks: My Deep Impact Blue Mustang gets almost daily compliments from people. Performance: This V6 may be quicker off the line than the 428 V8 that was in the Shelby. Really, this thing is quick. I don't race it, really, but I've gone up against sports cars many times more expensive than mine, and IF they beat me, it's not by much. I live in Colorado and the mountain driving is just plain fun. I can generally get close to 30 mpg on highway if I don't drive too "spiritedly". Traction control REALLY helps on snowy roads. My only mod so far, and it may end up being the only mod I make, is a clutch pedal extender. Ergonomics are not great if you're shorter than 5'9".

100,000 a I still don't want to say goodbye!
By Ann

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car used at 25,000 miles and have had no major repairs. It's great for the two of us to go on trips. 3 of us took it on a 1000 mile trip and we did ok. Just needed to pack light. Our original plans were to upgrade at 90,000 miles-but I just can't part with it.

Love my black betty
By Black Betty

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

You do sit low to the ground. It is a head turner. Just shut up and drive.

2013 vs 1969
By John

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 69 Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet. This 6 cylinder 306 hp will out perform the big assed Mach 1. I had a racing Corvette pull out in front of me on a deserted state highway. I either locked up the brakes or pass him. I chose the latter. I passed him at 120 and was still accelerating. I looked over and his mouth was open. It was worth the risk of a major ticket. I still get around 27 to 29 MPG while having fun. It was used and I got it for $13,500. A sweet ride at any price.

Awesome machine
By rdavidson3

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have put 24000 miles on our 2013 mustang.
It has really exceeded our expectations. The tires are barely worn. I just rotated them. It feels like it is glued to the road in turns. It is heavy and powerful a 3.7 liter that gets 21 miles to the gallon in city driving. Everything works perfectly. I dont care for the bluetooth cell phone though too wierd. but thats me. It is perfect for two people a beautiful car that turns heads. 80 feels like 60 mph 100 like 80 so you have to watch the speedometer!
I am generally pretty cynical about cars, but I would recommend this car to anyone that has a little fun money and wants to jazz up their day.

The power, the styling, the stereo, the economy,the wow factor, the fun!

the middle console where you rest your knee could be softer