Skip to main content
List Price Estimate

Used Mustang SVT Cobra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

my yellow cobra

stangmaster98, 11/29/2004
1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

great car. Easy to upgrade!! All around best bang for the buck!!

3.88 out of 5 stars

Arrest Me Yellow

8 Ball, 10/03/2004
1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Have had this car for 1 year and 7 months. Car has been very reliable zero mechanical problems Tremic T-45 trans does like to rake at high rpms could use a better gear 3.73 or higher engine is silky smooth with very high rpm band was previous owner of LS-1 trans am. Trans am would eat it for lunch!!! Car is somewhat rattly could use better build quality.Handling is good, cupholder position isnt, cd player likes to skip on bumpy roads.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Mustang Cobra

semperfly, 01/21/2003
1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

I am very pleased with the "mach 460" Ford sound system. I was amazed that the car would cruise at 80mph at a mere 2300 rpm and get 24 mpg's. This car is like two different vehicles. Its a mild, low-rumbling cruiser at low rpms, but when you rev above 3300rpm and the extra two valves per cylinder open up, hang on. It screams like a banshee and pins you in the seat. Its not built like a BMW or Lexus. There are squeeks and creaks, but at half the cost I can live with it. Besides, smoke 'em at the red light and then tell yourself how much money you saved.

Ol' Reliable

CobraKelly, 01/25/2022
1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Most dependable vehicle I've ever had, and I have had more vehicles than most! My Cobra has been my daily driver for well over a decade and I STILL HAVENT EVEN NEEDED TO REPLACE THE CLUTCH! 12 years and the same clutch! I actually haven't even had to buy a new battery since I got the car, either. Gotta love those gold-tops! My Cobra sounds amazing; people everywhere compliment the sound. Super fun to drive, great gas mileage, had never failed to get me where I'm going. However! There are some cons: Worst car EVER on wet roads! Just a nightmare trying to hold it on the road and not hydroplane. Can't go over 40 mph at best. First sign of a snow flurry and you can forget it. Also, stock transmissions are garbage. I swapped for a TKO Tremec. Headlights are garbage, too. No matter what expensive bulbs I've bought they're just still awful.

4 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars

What A Snake!

lvnnfstln, 10/05/2008
1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Have had his car since new. Mods started within 200 miles, springs, caster camber plates, flowmasters, etc. I've done everything to this car over the years and drive it a bit aggressively (3 speeding tickets). It was purchased to use as weekend driver/car show duty. Everything is chromed, polished, powder coated, painted/waxed and very clean. Old p600 procharger (with inner cooler), 75 shot NOS, DVD, Subs, upgraded stereo, race seats, no rear seats, Lambo doors, carbon fiber hood (same cobra style) interior done with real cobra snakeskin accents carbon fiber, polished billet, etc, etc, too much more to list. Bottom line never really had any problems with it, other than normal.