Used 2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Reliable, Safe and Comfy
By Scott

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent car so far. Very comfortable. Every safety feature imaginable. Only wish it held its value better.

Dark side Fusion
By Vickie Miller

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been a great ride for me. I have had it almost 4 years and can honestly say I haven't had any issues with it. I get good gas mileage and it is smooth handling. This was my first Ford but I don't think it's my last.

Great car for first 4 years
By David Rockwell

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I loved this car. It was the first car that I could consider as my own. Overall, it was a great car.

Although, I would recommend getting the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. After 65,000 miles, my engine block cracked and was leaking coolant. The engine light came on one day and then went off and I didn’t think anything of it until one day, the temperature gauge said the car had overheated and then soon after, I lost acceleration.

Until then, I loved Fords. The first Ford I drove was a 1994 Ford Explorer after I received my first driver’s license in 2000.

My return to Ford after 20 years.
By TimBob

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My last ford (89 F250) was junk. I traded it in to get a more reliable truck, telling myself I was done with Ford. Then I saw the 2014 Fusion and fell in love. Mine is a SE 2.5l in Deep Impact Blue. After researching I decided to give it a try. The test drive sold me, and I got a very good deal. So far I have 43k miles in 4 years with no mechanical issues at all. One set of tires and several oil changes is the extent of my required service. It's not all perfect though: In the SE package the drivers seat is manual, and the seat is too low for my 5'2" wife to see over the dash. She needs to sit on a pillow. This may or may not be a problem for you. Only one recall albeit a serious one: steering wheel nut may come loose. In summation, this is the best car I've ever owned (so far). I can highly recommend it.

Transmission Issue
By Gabe

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall nice car, but I've had transmission issues. Brought back to the dealer several times in order to prove that a hard shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear was truly an issue. Finally had the transmission rebuilt under warrantee, but I still feel the car shift into gears.