Used 2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Beautiful Car
By Nick Giotta

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Ford Fusion 2014 • Titanium 4dr Sedan 2.0 turbo Ruby Red Metallic, was purchased in December 2013. Its the best looking car on the road, I get lots of complements from strangers when I am out and about. The Acceleration and handling is amazing. The fuel economy in the city is about 17 miles to the gallon and around 24 miles per gallon on the freeway. I have only taken the car in for factory recalls that never showed up, not for any mechanical or electrical problems. I like almost everything about this car with one exception, the ride is harsh for us older guys. If I was much younger it wouldn't be a problem but I now prefer a nice smooth soft ride due to all of the aches and pains. Overall I am pleased with this car.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By Conner B

2014 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Seriously, don't buy this car. While it may seem like an affordable/dependable American Made car, it is in fact neither. I bought my Fusion with some 30,000 miles for around $13K as my previous car broke down unexpectedly in a different city from which I lived which caused me to rush the purchase of this vehicle. In the 9 months that I have owned this vehicle I have had two single vehicle accidents involving the low front end of the vehicle. The car is so low to the ground any speed bump, odd curb, or slightly uneven road will cause scrapping and (as stated before) two times had the front in smashed in by a slightly uneven road. One of these accidents was major ($1,500 repair paid for on the same day as my first car payment) and another minor tearing of the under lining by pulling up a little to close to the end of a parking spot. I promise this will happen to you. Then we get to the SYNC system used for hands free driving, forget it, it might seem like it works durning the test drive but never again. I can no longer play music through the blue tooth "no bluetooth device found" even though it will connect through my phone when receiving calls. Also don't bother trying to charge your phone as the USB will not work after 3 months and during those three months don't bother charging your phone and using bluetooth. It will constantly try and switch back and forth between the two methods of pairing. Great job to whatever high school intro to coding class that put that together. All in all there is a very good reason why Ford is no longer making cars and is switching to trucks only. Their cars are awful, cheap, and now probably much more expensive to repair. I bought American, and now I understand why Detroit is a crater, their cars suck. Although it pains me to say this buy Japanese. Toyota is an amazing company. Please take it from me and do not buy a Ford vehicle

2014 Ford Fusion
By Teresa

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2014 Ford Fusion and purchased brand new. About two years of owning the car I started noticing some difficulties with the radio. The volume will shoot up to MAX volume out of no where and the only way I could get it to turn down was if I shut the radio off completely, give it a few minutes then turn it back on. The Bluetooth and usb connection does not always work. The navigation and back up camera stopped working completely. I have made updates but nothing has worked to get it going again. The dealership told me I would have to pay to get it repaired. For a few months now I’ve noticed the car will have trouble picking up acceleration from stop to go. The car will feel like it is jerking. This also happens when I brake or come to a stop. The dealership says the car is fine but I know it’s not. I will be taking it for a second opinion. I had 2 recalls for the door latches which cause the doors to open while driving or not. The bolts in the steering wheel also had to be repaired because the steering wheel could fall off!!! How lovely! That is just unexceptable!!! The last complaint I have is the tires. I also have to replace all 4 tires at once which is pricey. I noticed the tires do not last as long with this car.

Reliable, Safe and Comfy
By Scott

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent car so far. Very comfortable. Every safety feature imaginable. Only wish it held its value better.

Dark side Fusion
By Vickie Miller

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been a great ride for me. I have had it almost 4 years and can honestly say I haven't had any issues with it. I get good gas mileage and it is smooth handling. This was my first Ford but I don't think it's my last.