Used 2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

My return to Ford after 20 years.
By TimBob

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My last ford (89 F250) was junk. I traded it in to get a more reliable truck, telling myself I was done with Ford. Then I saw the 2014 Fusion and fell in love. Mine is a SE 2.5l in Deep Impact Blue. After researching I decided to give it a try. The test drive sold me, and I got a very good deal. So far I have 43k miles in 4 years with no mechanical issues at all. One set of tires and several oil changes is the extent of my required service. It's not all perfect though: In the SE package the drivers seat is manual, and the seat is too low for my 5'2" wife to see over the dash. She needs to sit on a pillow. This may or may not be a problem for you. Only one recall albeit a serious one: steering wheel nut may come loose. In summation, this is the best car I've ever owned (so far). I can highly recommend it.

Transmission Issue
By Gabe

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall nice car, but I've had transmission issues. Brought back to the dealer several times in order to prove that a hard shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear was truly an issue. Finally had the transmission rebuilt under warrantee, but I still feel the car shift into gears.

Pic me ford
By Michelle Guilfoyle

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 2014 Ford Fusion for 2 yrs now . And maintenance cost yet high in cost only had to have it in garage once so far for a electrical issue.

Would not buy again
By furCL1962

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The transmission never shifted into Drive properly. There was a delay in shifting then the transmission would slam into Drive. Mechanics said it needed a PCM software update. The PCM and the TCM software was updated and it didnt change anything. This started occurring within one month of vehicle purchase (New). This is a known problem and will eventually lead to a Valve Body Replacement or full transmission rebuild which would be very expensive. There was constant problems with the software. The GPS was often off by several hundred feet. It would show you driving down the road except the GPS line of travel would be off to the left of the actual line of travel. The car often refused to start even with a full battery, constantly acting like it was in remote start mode where the engine is running but the power is off. Except the engine and power would both be off but the car "brain" would think differently. Because many of the systems require power to b in sleep mode, many times the battery would be dead after just a couple of hours sitting. Diagnosing a parasitic drain showed the drain was normal, but the battery that came stock with the car was not enough to stay charged with the parasitic draw that is in fact normal. Battery replacement was mandatory for a new car and should not have been. But it did fix the problem. There are many videos online with people with the same problem with the Fusion and Focus. Sitting still the glass in the sunroof cracked. The temperature was in the 70's and the car was not moving with no trees, other cars or anything else around. It simply cracked. The glass in these roofs is made to shatter. Others have complained about the same problem. This occured within about two months of purchasing the vehicle. As I was told, "It isn't Fords problem". Well it is now since we went back to Kia. After buying three new trucks and three new cars in five years we thought we would give Ford a try since we did like the Fusion Titanium when we test drove. However, that experience with Ford, attitudes in service whenever we brought it in for service and the complete 180 from our experience with Kia had us completely ignore Ford when we were looking for a new car. Bottom line. Thirty seven years of car buying and ovr 20 new cars and 10 new trucks that was our first Ford and it will be our last Ford.

Transmission is horrendous
By Stephen Rust

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this Fusion back to the dealer 5 times for transmission problems. It sometimes slams into gear, stutters between gears, revs high and fails to upshift, seems like it gets confused between gears and can’t decide what gear it wants to be in. Each time the dealer says they can find nothing wrong. Give me a break. I wrote to Ford and they sent a factory technician to the dealer to check the car. Of course they said nothing is wrong. Now I am stuck with this car. I can’t sell it, since whoever buys it is going to definitely have the same problem. Never again will I buy a Ford.