Used 2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2014 Ford Fusion
By Teresa

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2014 Ford Fusion and purchased brand new. About two years of owning the car I started noticing some difficulties with the radio. The volume will shoot up to MAX volume out of no where and the only way I could get it to turn down was if I shut the radio off completely, give it a few minutes then turn it back on. The Bluetooth and usb connection does not always work. The navigation and back up camera stopped working completely. I have made updates but nothing has worked to get it going again. The dealership told me I would have to pay to get it repaired. For a few months now I’ve noticed the car will have trouble picking up acceleration from stop to go. The car will feel like it is jerking. This also happens when I brake or come to a stop. The dealership says the car is fine but I know it’s not. I will be taking it for a second opinion. I had 2 recalls for the door latches which cause the doors to open while driving or not. The bolts in the steering wheel also had to be repaired because the steering wheel could fall off!!! How lovely! That is just unexceptable!!! The last complaint I have is the tires. I also have to replace all 4 tires at once which is pricey. I noticed the tires do not last as long with this car.

Reliable, Safe and Comfy
By Scott

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent car so far. Very comfortable. Every safety feature imaginable. Only wish it held its value better.

Dark side Fusion
By Vickie Miller

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been a great ride for me. I have had it almost 4 years and can honestly say I haven't had any issues with it. I get good gas mileage and it is smooth handling. This was my first Ford but I don't think it's my last.

Great car for first 4 years
By David Rockwell

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I loved this car. It was the first car that I could consider as my own. Overall, it was a great car.

Although, I would recommend getting the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. After 65,000 miles, my engine block cracked and was leaking coolant. The engine light came on one day and then went off and I didn’t think anything of it until one day, the temperature gauge said the car had overheated and then soon after, I lost acceleration.

Until then, I loved Fords. The first Ford I drove was a 1994 Ford Explorer after I received my first driver’s license in 2000.

My return to Ford after 20 years.
By TimBob

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My last ford (89 F250) was junk. I traded it in to get a more reliable truck, telling myself I was done with Ford. Then I saw the 2014 Fusion and fell in love. Mine is a SE 2.5l in Deep Impact Blue. After researching I decided to give it a try. The test drive sold me, and I got a very good deal. So far I have 43k miles in 4 years with no mechanical issues at all. One set of tires and several oil changes is the extent of my required service. It's not all perfect though: In the SE package the drivers seat is manual, and the seat is too low for my 5'2" wife to see over the dash. She needs to sit on a pillow. This may or may not be a problem for you. Only one recall albeit a serious one: steering wheel nut may come loose. In summation, this is the best car I've ever owned (so far). I can highly recommend it.