Used 2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Love my Focus
By Dave C

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I researched the Focus extensively before getting involved with one. I drove a couple, a 2017 and a 2015. I ended up getting the '15 for the $3,000 price difference and slightly higher miles. I saw the teeth gnashing over the transmission and had to see what all the discourse was about. I liked the size, safety ,mpg quotes and aggressive styling. The Auto Critics loved it. The thing to remember is that it's not a traditional hydraulic automatic that US consumers crave. It has some quirks and traits that a manual would have. Mine shifts smoothly, but sometimes will shudder slightly for the first couple of years under heavy acceleration. Sometimes it will flutter slightly at a hard deceleration when transitioning to 1st. Almost making you want to throw a clutch in. On the shift selector, there is a button to engage if you'll be starting on a hill to prevent rolling back which is common in manuals. This is the first time I've seen it on an "automatic". Handling is crisp and braking is good. The cabin is quite quiet for a compact Hatchback. The cargo area with seats up and folded down is generous. The Ford Sync system is awesome and easy to use. It hooks up with my phone effortlessly. The 2 liter four has some peace and vinegar in Atlanta traffic. Mine is black on black with a tremendous metal flake sparkle in the finish. I'm glad I took this one.

Transmission
By William

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is over all a great vehicle but however the transmission sucks and so is ford not fixing it,they always have a reason but the want fix it. Want by from for again. Ford sucks. Go Toyota I have 230,000 on my 2008 Toyota truck . Like I say go toyota.

Love my 2015 Ford Focus Hatchback
By JCB

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2015 Ford Focus .No complaints here !

Great little car with a horrible transmission
By Karter

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really loved this car when I bought it, but it has been trouble almost from day one. Right after I took delivery I noticed several flaws in the paint, bad moldings, and misaligned. trim pieces. Many other problems showed up over the next three years, but the biggest problem was the jerky transmission. Ford replaced the clutch pack once and it helped for a while, but the problems soon showed up again. I had hoped to keep the car for a long time, but in the end I decided to trade it in after the three year warranty ran out. The DCT transmission is a really bad design.

Pleasant compact car
By Wyoming

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The automated transmission may seem strange at times from starts at dead stops but soon takes on a very solid feeling when the car is rolling. There is no mushy automatic feeling when the car is going down the road just a good solid feeling like from a manual transmission. The car definitely has good pick up from a dead stop and when driving it the 80 miles home from the dealer I occasionally floored the accelerator when passing a vehicle and I had to watch myself since the car was quickly in the mid 90 MPH range. The car has a very solid feel and the interior materials used gives the car a mini luxury car feel. I bought the car used for my wife and I like it so much I'm considering buying one for myself. I currently drive her old 2000 Focus which continues to be a very reliable vehicle. She has a rather aggressive type of driving style - quick acceleration and hard braking but she is getting 29 mpg in town driving compared to 22 mpg in her 2000 Focus. Great improvement! The hatchback has great styling and this will be our main traveling when the 2 of use are traveling.