Used 2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Transmission
By William

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is over all a great vehicle but however the transmission sucks and so is ford not fixing it,they always have a reason but the want fix it. Want by from for again. Ford sucks. Go Toyota I have 230,000 on my 2008 Toyota truck . Like I say go toyota.

Love my 2015 Ford Focus Hatchback
By JCB

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2015 Ford Focus .No complaints here !

Great little car with a horrible transmission
By Karter

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really loved this car when I bought it, but it has been trouble almost from day one. Right after I took delivery I noticed several flaws in the paint, bad moldings, and misaligned. trim pieces. Many other problems showed up over the next three years, but the biggest problem was the jerky transmission. Ford replaced the clutch pack once and it helped for a while, but the problems soon showed up again. I had hoped to keep the car for a long time, but in the end I decided to trade it in after the three year warranty ran out. The DCT transmission is a really bad design.

Pleasant compact car
By Wyoming

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The automated transmission may seem strange at times from starts at dead stops but soon takes on a very solid feeling when the car is rolling. There is no mushy automatic feeling when the car is going down the road just a good solid feeling like from a manual transmission. The car definitely has good pick up from a dead stop and when driving it the 80 miles home from the dealer I occasionally floored the accelerator when passing a vehicle and I had to watch myself since the car was quickly in the mid 90 MPH range. The car has a very solid feel and the interior materials used gives the car a mini luxury car feel. I bought the car used for my wife and I like it so much I'm considering buying one for myself. I currently drive her old 2000 Focus which continues to be a very reliable vehicle. She has a rather aggressive type of driving style - quick acceleration and hard braking but she is getting 29 mpg in town driving compared to 22 mpg in her 2000 Focus. Great improvement! The hatchback has great styling and this will be our main traveling when the 2 of use are traveling.

Focus Forward
By L. Powers

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Know what you want before you walk into the showroom. Know your price point (all sales are negotiable). Avoid unnecessary purchases such as gap insurance, etc.. Please note. that if gap insurance is needed, you are buying beyond your means. Rethink the sale / purchase. Discuss those issues first, and then resolve them as quickly as possible. I got my vehicle $200 below asking cost. Once done, relax and let the salesman talk about whatever issue that pleases them.