Used 2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great little car with a horrible transmission
By Karter

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really loved this car when I bought it, but it has been trouble almost from day one. Right after I took delivery I noticed several flaws in the paint, bad moldings, and misaligned. trim pieces. Many other problems showed up over the next three years, but the biggest problem was the jerky transmission. Ford replaced the clutch pack once and it helped for a while, but the problems soon showed up again. I had hoped to keep the car for a long time, but in the end I decided to trade it in after the three year warranty ran out. The DCT transmission is a really bad design.

Pleasant compact car
By Wyoming

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The automated transmission may seem strange at times from starts at dead stops but soon takes on a very solid feeling when the car is rolling. There is no mushy automatic feeling when the car is going down the road just a good solid feeling like from a manual transmission. The car definitely has good pick up from a dead stop and when driving it the 80 miles home from the dealer I occasionally floored the accelerator when passing a vehicle and I had to watch myself since the car was quickly in the mid 90 MPH range. The car has a very solid feel and the interior materials used gives the car a mini luxury car feel. I bought the car used for my wife and I like it so much I'm considering buying one for myself. I currently drive her old 2000 Focus which continues to be a very reliable vehicle. She has a rather aggressive type of driving style - quick acceleration and hard braking but she is getting 29 mpg in town driving compared to 22 mpg in her 2000 Focus. Great improvement! The hatchback has great styling and this will be our main traveling when the 2 of use are traveling.

Focus Forward
By L. Powers

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Know what you want before you walk into the showroom. Know your price point (all sales are negotiable). Avoid unnecessary purchases such as gap insurance, etc.. Please note. that if gap insurance is needed, you are buying beyond your means. Rethink the sale / purchase. Discuss those issues first, and then resolve them as quickly as possible. I got my vehicle $200 below asking cost. Once done, relax and let the salesman talk about whatever issue that pleases them.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By Alain

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2015 Ford Focus caught my attention through appearance. The car is horrible. The car stutters at acceleration and makes noises during gear shifts. Has left my stranded before with no warning. I wish I had known NOT to buy this car.

The Test Drive Was Great! The 2 years after....
By Mathew Knudson

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus seems like a decent car on the lot. It looks sporty, the backup cam is nice, the seats adjust for quite a bit of leg room even for a very tall person. Doing a 20 mph test drive around the suburban streets near the dealership, you may think it rides smoothly and accelerates nicely. It may seem to be made well, but what brand new car doesn't? You read the reviews on Car and Driver and Edmunds and think you're making the right call. THEN you try to drive the car home on the highway and realize the car isn't actually automatic, it is a "computer controlled manual", which slips, gets confused if you even lightly reduce pressure on the gas pedal, refuses to grip when you press the pedal to the floor, and generally handles like a drunk robot from a 50s scifi movie is driving a manual tractor after dunking his hands in cooking oil. Further, the build quality is awful. My car is 2 years old. In that time, I have developed problems with the trunk hinge, with my wiper fluid hose, interior liner falling, plastic becoming discolored, a massive array of weird noises, and due to some design flaw in the wheels, perpetual air loss. I have even changed one of the tires and still experience this. Thankfully, your Ford Focus is equipped with a delightful dinging sound so that you can be harassed for 3 minutes when you get in the car about the low air pressure. I have only ever had my car serviced at the Ford dealership, and they lie through their teeth about their "report card". When I picked my car up one day, the wiper fluid tank was totally empty (it was not when I dropped it off) and wouldn't spray- Yet I saw 3 spots where a "Ford Certified Mechanic" gave the wiper system, sprayer, and hoses a green light. Makes you feel real confident about the breaks. I complained to the shop, and they said that "little critters" must have damaged it in the parking lot after they serviced it. Despite the fact the hose was snapped clean off in 2 places and the brackets that held it were smashed. Must have been a Ford Certified squirrel . I contacted Ford Corp, and after a month, I got a letter saying I could pay to have my wiper hose fixed at any Ford Dealership. In conclusion, the 2015 Ford Focus is a Kia Forte, but you pay an extra few grand for them to replace the normal automatic drive engine with a ride-on mower that is shifted by a rock-em sock-em robot. They truly honor George Orwell's 1984- War is Peace, Service is Damage, and Automatic is Manual.