Used 2010 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Surprisingly Great Little Car!
By red84

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a year and a half ago as a company vehicle. I chose it over the Corolla because of all the problems Toyota was having at the time with the accelerator issues, and I wanted to buy an American made car. It had 327mi on it when I got it. Well, 1.5 yrs, 37,000 miles later, no problems whatsoever. I had never owned a Ford before and am pleasantly surprised with the quality.
I drive on average 120mi a day for work, sometimes more, sometimes less. During the winter I was getting upwards of 38mpg!
The only complaint I have is that I hit a big pothole and now the front end squeaks on turns.
I would recommend this car to anyone.
I would buy a Ford again.

Cruise control, 2 trip meters, satellite radio built in, 2 power outlets

The front seat is a little uncomfortable and I can't get it set exactly right. When the gas/brake pedals are set correctly, the steering wheel is to far away. Also not a fan of the electronic accelerator, just not responsive like the good ole cable pulley system.

I might buy another Ford....
By tait1977

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2010 Ford Focus for 5 months.
the car set for a week and wouldn't start. charged batt and started. 4 days later sitting died again. took it to Ford and they found nothing. dont trust car to sit now for an extended period of time.

Never had a NEW car before. Nice price and the car really is nice. SYNC and everything is nice.

Know how to fix the car you manufacture, FORD! There are issues with this car that are only going to hurt you.

The headrests make this car impossible to drive
By pb33

2010 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I borrowed my mother's 2010 Ford Focus to make a return trip from Toronto to Kingston. The headrests made the drive unbearable. They protrude so far forward that I was forced to peer over the tops of my eyeglasses for the entire drive. In the end, I had to drop the seat back to a near-lay-down position and drive for three hours sitting straight upwards with no back support. I can't imagine why the designers would make such an oversight. This car is impossible to drive for any distance!

I somewhat like the handling. Feels solid

Fix the headrests.

Paint Falls Off
By fordbuster

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

See comments in here. Great car mechanically. very good winter traction with traction control. Very happy mechanically but one big problem. Paint under rear doors, and in door frames ( rear ), some in wheel well, also bumpers- all have lifted or peeled. Asked dealer about it at under 60k- said could not do anything unless there were holes. Manual said otherwise as I found out later. It could have been fixed. Neither the dealer in Collingwood, Ontario or Ford would help. Just the usual comments- you know. Too bad, otherwise a great car. Maybe the Chineese can figure out how to make paint stick in Canadian Winters on my next purchase. Wake up Ford! Currently, you are 1st in sales Canada????

MPG, winter traction, ride, handling, interior quality, exterior design, reliability, heated mirrors and seats, traction control, sprty handling

paint application

Lemon!...Electrical Troubles...
By frustrated84

2010 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st car I've purchased and believe me,I will never buy another Ford.The car was great for the first year,then started having electrical troubles.This only happened on cold mornings and would go away after a minute or up to 15 minutes but the radio wouldn't work,the signal light indicators in the car didn't work,no backlighting came on,the doors didn't lock automatically,the tire pressure monitor light came on,and the e-brake light stayed on after being disengaged.The dealership has been unable to diagnose or fix the problem.Already had a new instrument cluster,radio,and smart junction box installed...rental car for 45 days. In the process of getting Ford to buy the car back.

The car was good but the company is lousy in customer service. They don't even listen to what the dealership is telling them.