Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...34

Pros
Cons

Ford Focus S w/automatic

Bill, 12/22/2005
ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the Focus Saturday and am impressed with it. The pick up for a small four cylinder is decent. The feel of the car is solid, the ride a little like a buckboard, but all small cars are like that. The car responded great when merging on the highway. Was surprised at the quality feel and no noise, no rattling from an engine that I thought would be straining.

Focus is practical and fun

Woody1, 03/20/2006
ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive mostly highway miles, so I wanted something that was responsive and comfortable with good gas mileage. I got it with the Focus. No problem driving to and from work. My Focus is equipped with the safety package (ABS & side airbags), as well as traction control. I also have a six CD stereo, which has a great sound. It's tough to find a car with all that for around $15,000 after the cash-back offers. I recommend this car.

Original owner, bought new in 2006

Peter Buchwald Buchwald, 03/17/2017
ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Has been a excellent inexpensive reliable basic auto.

Extremely reliable

Marion A., 11/28/2016
ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2006 Focus for 4 yrs now. Bought it from a friend (he was the first owner) with 77k miles on it. It's now at 130k and still runs like a champ. Only major repairs I've had to invest in is changing out 2 of the engine mounts early on into me owning it (I blame my friend because he likes to push ANY car to its absolute limits. This is NOT the car for that) and changing the lower control arm on the driver's side (got hit by an out of control tire bouncing all over the highway). Other than that I do regular maintenance on my car and have my mechanic look it over every so often to catch anything that I might not notice. This car is absolutely perfect. I do have an aftermarket Bluetooth/Entertainment system installed so I can't say anything about the original system. And I do find it to be a teenie bit sluggish when going up a steep hill/highway (I have to floor it to stay above 55 mph) but that's not really much of a problem for me since I live in L.A. and we have pretty straight pavement here. Maneuvers well, accelarates/brakes well, great on gas, trunk space is pretty spacious. Overall, this car has been an absolute dream.

FordMan

southbender, 10/14/2008
ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had since 2/06. Had issues with the tailgate immediately, and the backseats needed adjusting, they wouldn't relatch first time folded down. Drivers door needed to be reset also right after purchase. Hatchback door key mechanism fell out, my spouse noticed and picked up a small key cover. Have driven from Northern IN, to Boise, Phoenix, and Nashville. Cruises at 70mph no problems. Great gas mileage. Good pick up and go in traffic. Tight steering. Great car for the money.

12345...34