Used 2005 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...65

Pros
Cons

Bang for your buck

dumbblonde8, 08/21/2010
ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because my family has always bought Fords, and I have been impressed with it 4 years later. It's a dream for maintenance. I've NEVER had to had anything major done to it, just the oil and filters changed. I rallied the crap out of it too and nothing has happened. I hadn't gotten a wheel alignment since I bought the thing and just recently got one (yeah, been kinda broke lol) and it was BARELY out of alignment. Doing home maintenance on it is so easy a caveman can do it. The Hatchback gives plenty of room. All in all a very sporty car. HIGHLY recommend.

Best car I ever owned

asmaestas, 05/19/2012
ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Ford Focus Sedan in 2004 with only 3500 miles. I now have 114000 miles on it. It runs like a champ. I get about 25 mpg around town 40 mpg highway. 29 mixed. Automatic. The only problem I had with it was the sway link bushings had to be replace. My Focus is strip down model, no power windows, no cruise control. I had the cruise installed else where. It's been a fantastic car! I'll drive it till wheels fall off or it gets wrecked. It's very well maintained.

Great car

Matt, 08/21/2015
ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new when I was 19 and it never failed me. Outside of regular maintenance I did not have to do anything else. Nothing broke or stopped working and I traded it instead uear for a 2014 Focus ST.

220,000 Miles and still starts right up!

Shadow2450, 08/07/2018
ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back when i was in highschool my senior year used for a fairly good price, now since im looking into getting something else I thought I would share my experience with my focus and I want to start out by saying I loved it. I have the 5 speed manual transmission and while theres not much power under the hood its still very fun to change the gears and hear the little car go. reliability is nothing short of amazing. when I purchased the car It had close to about 80,000 miles on it. the only issue that left me stranded was an alternator that needed to be replaced at around 160,000 miles. small things such as the mass airflow sensor ar about 195,000 miles and the rear wiper motor at 215,000 miles. I live in the northeast so I have my fair share of terrible winters, but if you throw on a set of good snow tires the traction is nothing short of great! I would be on the highway on my way to work passing jeep wranglers and other AWD cars because of the confidence I had in my car. I am beyond happy with my focus and I think its nothing short of an excellent car to own.

Not worth the repairs

bioc06, 03/24/2011
ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My '05 Focus has been prone to maintenance issues. Despite following the scheduled maintenance guide and having less than 50,000 miles, the transmission has gone. The cause, according to the mechanic, is wear and tear on a band, and nothing could have been done to prevent it. Twice, the alignment has gone out. No cause was given.

12345...65