Used 2002 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Car always need a new valve job second one in a y
By Jay

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Do not recommend this car because valve always lose compression and have to replaced cylinder head. This is the second time in a year since we own the 2002 ford focus se sedan.

She's got it where it counts kid!
By Eric

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned this car for 2 years we paid $800 for it and re-built this one a little at a time. Runs great after only an investment of about $2400. Including new clutch, timing belt, tensioner and belt, new cooling system, new tires, valve cover seals, fog lamps, antenna, rear brakes, coil, plugs and wires. This car has been patient and bulletproof as we pieced the money and parts together since we are on a fixed income. I have owned many cars and this is one of the best for an inexpensive reliable vehicle.

Nothing to complain about,nothing to go crazy over
By Mike

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The LX package is very basic.. manual windows, locks, mirrors. The interior is pretty good quality other than the layout of the cup holders and location. The SOHC is the most gutless engine but is reasonably reliable so far. Cheap repair costs/parts. 66,000 miles.

I've owned this blasted car for 9 years
By Birdie Crossley

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've spent minimum of $1200 per year in repairs. Over 9 years. Stuck with the car because I figured repairs are cheaper than car payments. But I've finally had it. I've replaced the stupid motor mounts three times and all three need to be replaced again. Once a pin fell out of the inside of the steering wheel and it was a $500 fix not including being towed since it was undrivable. Currently none of the lights in the dash work anymore. I've had every knob and switch inside replaced. Trunk button hasn't worked in 8 years and I was told it was electrical and would be a pricey fix. The only good thing about my car (manual transmission) is that it gets good gas mileage. Speaking of the transmission, that had to be replaced last year as well. Why didn't I buy a new car?

Worst car
By Kienna Summer Shkopich-Weddell

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I paid 500 dollars for this car and drove it for exactly one year. After replacing all 4 wheel bearings, the front right spring, plus having to refill the antifreeze every morning during the winter months in Northern Canada, I gave up and took it to the dump. I wanted to set this car on fire every single day that I owned it. I do not recommend, I would not say that this is a safe car. Much happier with my older 1990 Honda Accord.