Used 2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (16 reviews )

paint no good
By douglas l knisely

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The paint is lifting on hatchback. The car is a 2014 and only has 13,490 miles on it. They don't back there paint job from factory. Wood not recommend buying a ford. They don't want to back there paint jobs. They say guaranteed for 5year. That is only if they rust,. Not if the paint peals. I had a Chevy that the paint lifted and they made it right. Did not have to wait until it rusted. To have Chevy paint and fixes the problem.

2014 Focus ST
By Peter Lockrem

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great handling, plenty of power, too much torque steer upon hard acceleration. Wonderful value for the price. Disappointing gas mileage.

A real Hottie will never be single too long!! I
By Dave

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Always check the vehicle history. Fine print tells you the Carfax isn’t always completely true.

DON'T GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!!
By Richard

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Worse service possible. Paid 3000$ for extended warranty. It started w the local dealer losing paperwork, and never was found, hope they did the work they said. Next the dealership i bought the car at put stripped lug-nuts on the car. Was a a treat watching the tire shop guys getting them off. And most recently Autonation Ford in Valencia,CA lost my key and it was somehow my fault. Was able to drive car off lot but once turned off would not start due to lack of key in vehicle. They blamed me for losing my key and that's where they left it. So 400$ wasted on top of $3000. My drivers seat is broken and don't trust any dealership to fix. When i contacted Ford customer service i was told each dealership is independent so there is nothing they can do. Feel like i was taken pretty good by Ford. Love the car JUST DON'T GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY UNLESS YOU LIKE GETTING RIPPED OFF AND SUB PAR WORK. DON'T FEEL SAFE GETTING WORK DONE AT ANY FORD DEALERSHIP.

2014 bought used in 2015
By Logan

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned the car for 9 months. I'm 6'6" at 235-240lbs. Front leg room? I fit well. The car has the ST3 package and the Recaro seats aren't horrible, but I am a bit larger than the avg. 6' tall male, so for long trips you tend to re position often. Head room is great. I have 3 small kids (5 and under age wise). I have to scoot the seat up to get them in there and can still drive a short distance without too much of an issue. No way can you get 3 kids seats in the rear. I can squeeze in two booster seats and a child seat (front facing) back there (barely). I bought the car used, from 5 hrs away with 11,000 miles on it and drove it home without issue. The road noise is there for sure if the pavement isn't new or good smooth pavement. It could stand some sound deadening material. Performance wise its FUN. I've owned BMWs in the past and this car hangs right in there performance wise with them easily. Torque steer on this car is NO JOKE. You really need to be ready for the steering wheel pull when you drop down into gear and punch it. It could get away from you easily if you're not ready for it and used to it. As far as issues go, I do have the random issue with the stereo acting weird. Like I have to turn the car off to reset it to get it working correctly. Over all Sync is great. It recognizes voice very well. It did stop reading text messages to me when my Android phone went to Marshmallow (android 6.0). The gas mileage really stinks for a 4 cylinder engine. I drive 72 mph on the freeway 70 miles round trip a day. I get about 28 mpg at that speed ( I set the cruise and keep up with mileage). I once some how managed to get 30 mpg (not sure how this was done). I had a 2005 Caddy CTS V (bought used) that got 27 on the freeway and had double the HP and TRQ. So if you're trying to decide about a V8 hot rod and this little hot rod, I'd go for the V8, you'll get more performance and fun with the same gas mileage (there in or abouts). If you need a fun car that turns (at speed) very well in corners and what not, has great pickup and speed, for a really decent price, this is the car for you. Oh and if you need a car that has a small turning radius for busting a U'y for a parking spot or something similar, this isn't the car to do that. Also, the ride is great, AC works great, Stereo is pretty decent (7/10), Factory tires are summer tires (expect 25k life out of them) they do grip very well, very hard tire in cold weather. Interior lighting is very cool, the lights that turn on when you turn the wheel for corners and what not is a nice touch. It needs a backup camera in my opinion, but I'm sure that's probably available now in the more recent yr models.