Used 2015 Ford Fiesta ST Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Fiesta ST Consumer Reviews

ST 1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

Nice car
By Edgar

Initial cost

Great Car
By Paul Newman

2015 Ford Fiesta ST ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Remember, the ST is a car of sport and performance - a driver’s car. It’s fast, nimble, and reliable! Great value.

Fiesta ST**** A Powerful Hatchback-With Drawbacks
By M. Flynn

2015 Ford Fiesta ST ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall the Fiesta ST has served it's purpose well. It is not perfect by any standard, but it is a decent entry into the Hot Hatch market. I have put over 30,000 miles on my Fiesta ST and here is my honest review. The drive train is intoxicating. The raw torque of this engine paired with the fairly smooth 6spd manual makes it definitely feel fast. It is not a rocket ship but merging and getting around slow drivers in the fast lane is effortless. It has returned great gas mileage even with my spirited driving style. For a 1.6L it produces an amazing amount of torque. On the factory tune it make 186hp and 270ft lbs correct at 5,000 feet above sea level. Which by far puts it over Ford factory ratings. The engine is where the fun stops. The interior is economy car cheap, which is to be expected, but even if the materials are cheap, the fit and finish is cheaper. Panel gaps on the interior everywhere. I did not opt for the Recaro seat package and no sun roof and I am glad I did. The base seats are fine and acceptable for long drives. The older Sync system is a royal pain in the ass and works but with some effort. My biggest greif with the whole car is the suspensions dampening. The car is over dampened and under sprung making the drive over choppy surfaces or even simple expansion joints an annoyance. On smooth roads its great, but in most of the Continental US the roads are not smooth so it can truly test your patience in comfort. Who ever the a** Hole for engineer thought it was a great idea to firm the compression and rebound settings on the shocks was a great idea should be demoted. Only way to cure the suspension brutality is to buy a correctly dampened set of shocks from the OE (Bilstien) who originally produced the shocks and struts for Ford. Their aftermarket shocks are done correctly. I have only had two warranty issues, one being a common thing which is the Blend Door Actuator for the HVAC system and then a roof molding trim piece. Other than that the car has been put through hell and back and keeps coming back for more. If this car was not front wheel drive, I would not be selling it. Unfortunately steering with the throttle is just too much fun to ignore.

Great Performance with some reliability issues.
By Keppa Max

2015 Ford Fiesta ST ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First off, if you're looking for affordable performance with practicality, this car is difficult to beat. The passing power of this thing will surprise you - it surely surprised me. Not of caution: 1) it's small, so don't get it if you need the space; 2) its ride is on the harder side, so beware if the roads in your area are crumbling and take it for a test drive first; 3) also test drive the Recaro package before you buy it - it doesn't work for everyone as in my case it was very uncomfortable.

Biggest gripe: Reliability & Fit an finish. I try to remind myself that this is, basically, still a Fiesta econo-box, but some door gaps are wider than others, paint defects are present from factory, multiple visits to dealership for warranty work. Unacceptable for a less than 2 year old car.

The big question: would I buy a new one after the current one I have has run its course? I'd say it's not likely.

Superior hot hatch
By Dan

2015 Ford Fiesta ST ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted something that was more fuel efficient than my lifted '05 Wrangler (which I traded in for the ST) that would be fun to drive, practical, and would not cost me a fortune. After extensive research and test driving 32 different cars over the span of a little over a year, I chose the Fiesta ST. This car really hits the sweet spot of efficiency, performance, and practicality. If I want to drive it hard this car is more than willing to play. If I want to be efficient, this car has no problem taking it easy. I particularly like the 6sp manual transmission feel and the VERY responsive brakes. Although my car is not tuned for greater performance, the aftermarket is booming for this car as well. In mixed driving I get 32.6mpg with 93 octane. Although I have not had the opportunity to take it on a long road trip I'm very confident that if I use the cruise control and drive it intelligently, I could easily hit closer to 36mpg. I drove similar competitors from Subaru, VW, & Fiat...the Fiesta ST was the clear hands down winner. I'm currently at 7K miles and am stoked anytime I get to drive this car anywhere. Truly outstanding in the hot hatch 4cyl turbo class! Strong suggestion: try out the Recaro seats before committing to buy the vehicle. I tried both Recaro & regular ST seats and opted for the regular seats. While Recaro makes excellent products, the seats in these get tight from side to side if you are normal to above normal width.

**February '17 update*** car has 26K miles and has been flawless. Zero issues, zero extraneous trips to the dealership. With proper snow tires (General Altimax Arctics), this car goes through snow better than some AWD cars on all-season tires. It's shockingly good. The only downfall with this car is that with a growing family, this will not be a forever car as I will need something larger probably within the next year or so. Still, a great car and am very impress with the overall quality. The small backseats are really the only downfall at all.

**August '17 update** 32K miles. Still great!