Used 2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

FORD F250 Diesel Super Duty - best truck ever!
By K Hart

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

7.3L Diesel Super Duty Turbo is the best engine made in my opinion! Very reliable and comfortable on the road and very stable pulling a trailer/heavy load.

Bought Truck with 163K miles
By JL Howard

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I shopped for my first Diesel Truck for quite a while. I kept coming back to Ford 7.3 based on numerous conversations with current Diesel Owners. I ended up purchasing my 7.3 in Kansas and drove back to Texas with no problems. Power steering went out week two. 60 dollar rebuilt unit and back in business. I have since added a 6 position chip, eliminated the muffler and added a cold air intake. Give or take about 500 bucks worth of parts and labor. Also filled the oil with Amsoil (worth every penny). All very good investments. I get 18 to 20 miles to the gallon and I am a heavy footed driver. It is a 3/4 ton truck that will now boil the tires. Try to keep the RPMs around 2000 and use the cruise for the best mileage. Very solid truck at 75MPH. Pulled my 30 foot trailer with no problems whatsoever. I look forward to getting 1 million miles out of my truck.
UPDATE 185,000 with no issues. Very happy with my POWERSTROKE!

Very dependable & strong!
By Scott Livingston

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

I've owned this vehicle now for over 10yrs. Bought it with 150K miles and have 265K now. I've only had to replace starter, glow plug solenoid & batteries. Plus regular wear items such as brakes, tires & shocks. It's been a very reliable, dependable truck!! Definitely have the 7.3 Powerstroke engine though.

2000 F-250 4x4 SC Lariat sb 7.3, 3.55
By justbrilliant

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck off the first owner back in 2006 with 100k.
I paid $14k for it.
It is an amazing vehicle, with fit, finish and power.
The paint is nicer then my new cars, no rust, no scratches, no dents.
It now has 150k.
I have done usual maintenance, water pump, fluids, brakes, tires.
I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle.
My only regret is that I didn't buy the Crew Cab dually, because then I could tow a HOUSE.

Definitely the 7.3 with the whir of the factory turbo.

maybe a step ladder so I can wash the roof?

Highly Recommend this truck to anybody!
By dogdude

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I own a 2000 F250 V10 Crew Cab. I bought the truck back in 2005 with 31,000 on it. I bought the truck to pull trailers. The smallest trailer I pull with it weighs about 5,000lb. the largest is 22,000lb. fully loaded. It does awesome. I get about 10 mpg. pulling the largest trailer at 65mph. That's pretty dang good. The truck has almost 130,000 on it now with only a couple small maintenace things. I've had to put shocks, brakes, surpentine belt, and tires on it. I constantly get compliments from people saying how nice looking the truck is. The truck does awesome off road too. We consistantly get 12-20 inch snows around here in the winter time and the truck gets around awesome. Way to go Ford!

Everything! I absolutely love this truck!

Maybe more powerful headlamps. I upgraded to HID lamps and that took care of the problem.