Used 2015 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Rons happy F150
By Ronald Potter

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It has lots of power

Upgraded from a 2006 STX
By Big Daddy

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was happy with my 2006 STX. I have had it since 2008, 87,000 miles. I had a really good detail job done on it about 6 months ago, and thought I could live with this truck for quite a while longer. Then my son's car died and he was in a bit of a bind, so I thought why not upgrade. Wow, I am so happy that I did. This truck fits all of my needs plus. Comfort wise, it is really nice. All of the fancy gauges and displays are great. The 6 speed transmission is a lot different than the 3 speed overdrive of the 2006, but in a good way. The 2006 had the 4.6L Triton V8, but I don't miss it at all with the 3.7L, V6. All in all, very happy, and my son is even happier.

Ford F150 XLT Aluminum body Emerald green.
By steven a kolarchek

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i have purchased a 2015 F150 XLT extended cab four wheel drive, chrome package emerald green exterior. over all the truck has been reliable, first of all i am not satisfied with the acceleration of the truck. i have a 3.5 eco boost engine. the acceleration is hardly ever smooth. the truck lags for an instant than lurches forward. also the exhaust pipe is coated with a thick layer of black carbon. the dealer said thats normal. also the acceleration is just turbo lag. i almost crashed last winter because of it. now the rear doors become unlatched on the bottom whenever the outside temp gets close to zero. the bad thing is that the parts aren't available to fix the problem because of a shortage. however there is a service order out on this situation. i have a ratchet strap holding the doors closed so i can drive this around in cold weather. there is a safety issue at hand and ford seems to be taking this lightly, i am not however. also after 1.5 years of driving and only 16000 miles on this truck it has depreciated almost 50%. that alone is depressing!!!

Never Again for Ford
By chillydawg

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2015 Ford F150 XL Ecoboost 4x4 Sport ten months ago. Within the first two months, on my way to work in the woods, every light on the panel lit up. Truck went into "limp mode". After taking over an hour to get home (I was only about 20 minutes away), I called roadside assistance and set up for a tow to the dealer. Tow truck came within an hour and off to the dealer we went. I was given a loaner and told, "we'll call you when we know what's wrong". Days pass and after no call from the dealer, I called them to see what was wrong with my new truck. They said, "Nothing, no lights came on". I got real upset because I knew they didn't even drive the truck. I asked how did they come to that conclusion? They said, "the computer shows no codes". Now I went off and told them I'll be right there and your service manager will go for a test drive with me. They said no, they'll take it out. Two hours later they called me to tell me my truck has a serious problem that it did in fact "code up" while being driven. They told me they needed to order a very hard to get part; a Throttle Body". A bit of history with Ford and the bad Throttle Body parts they use. In 2013, after numerous customer complaints, NHTSA went after Ford for their use of bad Throttle Body parts. In short, they did a "Customer Satisfaction Program" and replaced the defective Throttle body parts, and extended the warranty on the part. NHTSA NEVER made FORD do a formal recall even though thousands of cars and different models were affected. The "Customer Satisfaction Program" expired in November 2015, but guess what? Yup, Ford continues to use the defective parts in their new vehicles. My F150, my friend's Explorer, my other friend's Edge, all had Throttle Body failure soon after purchasing new vehicles. I wish I did this research before I bought the truck, but knew nothing about the Throttle Body issue to look into it. Now, month 10, the transmission is failing and fast. I stop at a light, give it gas to go and BANG followed by a jerk. Took it to the dealer, and since they couldn't get a "code", they said no problem. You are to drive it until it's dead and must be towed in. Not very reliable. Last weekend, Columbus Day, I took the loss and got rid of it. Traded it in and went back to my Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4x4 that never gave me a problem. NEVER, ever for Ford again.

Overrated
By Gary

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The milage ratings are overstated. 19.5 mpg is the best it gets. The lightness of the aluminum body lends to instability, both in the wind and during towing, along with being easier to dent. I was a Ford person for most of my life (owned more than 10) but owned a Dodge and a Honda since my last one. After owning my current F150, I am reminded that poor quality and unreliability is why I switched and today's poor quality is why I shan't own another. There are just too many good vehicles made today to put up with Ford's petty and persistent failings. At less than 23,000 miles, the speedometer quit working. Cruise control same story. The Dodge had almost 200K miles and the Honda 268K and none of the chicken s#@+ things happened like this Ford has had. Uncomfortable and hard to maintain the cleanliness of the cab (the fabric stains easily) is also annoying. All in all, (as you can see) I am not happy with Ford.) Updated 12/2017.....Sold it because I was so disappointed. POOR resale value.