Used 2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 Heritage model:

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage - a great truck so far!
By Tim

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am the second owner of a well-maintained 2004 F150 (V8) Heritage Supercab. I purchased the truck last year as a daily commuter, and thus far it has performed flawlessly without any issues, mechanical or otherwise. As others have stated in similar reviews, the turning radius and overall ride has proven to be one of the best features of this truck. Simply put, for an older truck, it is surprisingly comfortable to drive.

it's a work truck! finally needed battery
By robert graves

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Works well, mileage could be a little better - I only have 80K miles on it, nothing has gone wrong so far. Has required only brakes and tires. Still has original battery. installed front mount receiver to enable winch utilization.

Very reliable !!
By macf150

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 F-150 Heritage has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Currently, it has 161,000 miles and has had all routine maintenance performed.Starts evey time without fail. The 4.6L engine has proven to be more power than I need. I
have owned a 97 and 98 F150 with the 4.2L V6 which seemed to have just enough power and were reliable as well.
I recently test drove an 2013 F150 with the 3.7L V6 and the EcoBoost V6...
What a powerplant !!
I was pondering trading in my 04 but, it just didn't give me any reason to do so. First of all it's" paid off ". My goal is to reach 300K !!After all the years of ownership it still Rates 5 Stars !!

Everything is my favorite !!

None

Great Looks, Bad Ride
By jcrawlinson

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got an excellent deal on a used 2004 Ford Heritage F-150 XLT 4x4. Big, shiny, comfortable! In 2010, however, the [non-permissible content removed] the fan. The 4x4 literally fell apart. There is no reason I should have had to have the suspension, transfer case, and transmission completely replaced in a 6 year old vehicle with under 100,000 miles. Pour quality. I will never buy a Ford 4x4 again and may never buy a Ford again.

Best vehicle buy I've ever made
By BB

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Dec. 2004 when the Heritages had big discounts. Cost 20k new. 67,000 miles now, one blown fuse. Less than a buck in total repairs! 4.6 has more power than I need. Pulls boat with ease. Lived in MN, 55 mph speed limit, got 17-18mpg on the road. Moved to SD, 75mph speed limit on interstate, 65 on 2 lane hiways. Really sucks gas at 75mph, down to 12-13mpg. At 65mph it gets 15-16. Just a quirk of the engine- tranny combination I guess. Put bigger- 265-75-16 tires on at 40k to replace the too small 235-70-16 tires it came with. Much better. Trouble free truck, great to drive, 4wd great in snow. Squeak in the dash the only minor annoyance. Best vehicle buy of my life-I'm 62

4WD system, Supercab, long box. Pretty much like everything about the truck.

Bigger tires in original equipment. Better mileage at high speeds.