Used 2016 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Very Disappointed in Ford
By ANGEL A.

2016 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this 2016 Ford Explorer in 2015 brand new. I love the look of the exterior and the interior. It gets good gas mileage, and is laid out very nice inside. Has plenty of storage space, love the power liftgate. Within a year and a half my navigation went out and the dealership told me that I had to purchase a new updated card for $200 cause it was not covered under the warranty. So I have not been able to use it at all. The brakes shake when going downhill since I bought it and when I asked the dealer to look at it they told me they were fine. It rides very bumpy and noisy. We have tried trading it on and the resale value on these are so low its not worth trading it in but also don't want to keep it. So we are at a crossroads. I don't know if its just the XLT model that does not hold its value or if its all models? Will not be purchasing another Ford again. Very disappointed.

Love the Explorer
By Hal

2016 Ford Explorer 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Explorer is dramatically better than the previous Cadillac SRX. It is larger, quicker, easier handling, and with similar fuel economy.

Made for women!
By Lolly

2016 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The I4 engine is bi-turbo, so it does not lack for power when getting up to speed. It is a great vehicle for families with kids and pets, who need room for storage but a vehicle that can get around down town with out issues. This particular car is completely loaded with all the Platinum features except the electrical side steps. It's fun to drive It has the sport paddles if you want to control when the engine shifts. It has the sporty seats which is the only thing that I don't like but other than that the car is great!

Love the ride
By leohvac

2016 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Some functionality functions are not available after 3 year warranty’s expires like car healthy reports function.

2016 Explorer Limited
By MJ Bracich

2016 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Manual controls are limited, most of them have been moved to the touch screen, very clumbsy to work. Bogs on acceleration from a rolling turn or when starting from a slight roll. Compared to my 2013 Explorer, the 2016 is lower quality. Couple examples; when driving you can see the center of the hood bouncing up and down. You didn't see this with my 2013, also when closing the doors, they sound hollow and tinny, my 2013 did not.