Used 2008 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Explorer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Thrilled to own second Explorer

wrwisconsinsnowbird, 06/03/2008
Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Explorer, I still own a '97 XLT with 100k on it with minimal major problems/repairs. The '07 does have an annoying rough idle clicking that it's done since new. The '08 has the 292hp v8 which idles smoothly and has plenty of power when needed. The interior and exterior is flawless and amazingly quiet. Everyhing worked perfectly when we picked it up and ever since. Better gas mileage would help but I need the truck frame for towing and the v8 for power.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Best one yet

Ken B, 06/27/2008
XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the third Explorer we have owned, beginning in 1993, and by far the best. The ride is great for an SUV and the third seat makes it possible to carry all the grandkids at once. This is the least expensive and best equipped Explorer we have owned. I do wish the gas mileage was better.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Good value for the money

Baxter, 01/06/2009
Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from an '07 4Runner to the Explorer. Really love the Sync system and the softer ride. Seems to be a really solid vehicle and very capable. "Classy" seems to be a word that is very appropriate for the Explorer, expecially given the re- design of the front end. Given that the V-6 gets similar mileage to the V-8, wish I would have gone with the V-8 now for the extra power. Would also suggest going with the upgraded stereo system as the standard unit is very mediocre. However, I feel the Explorer is a very good value for the money.

4 out of 5 stars

Good bang for the buck.

Harry, 06/15/2009
XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This marks my third Ford Explorer. My only complaint is the center mounted shifter. The previous one (2002) had ample amounts of area for your stuff. Considering the price as compared to a Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pathfinder or other comperable vehicles the explorer was WAY WAY WAY more truck for the money. It literally cost almost 1/3 less than the two above mentioned rides. I can live with some small quirks for the money I saved.

3.63 out of 5 stars

Burrr....my feet are cold!

Lynziee, 12/01/2009
XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is actually a company vehicle for me. I've had it 2 years and put on over 51,000 miles so I have spent many hours driving in this truck. The major problem with this specific model is that the floor heat on the driver's side does not push out as much heat as the passenger side. So, the passenger is roasting and the driver's feet are still frozen. With no dual zone climate control this is a problem. I took it into the dealer and they said they knew of the problem and tried to redirect the vents but were not very successful. So, if you drive it by yourself or live in a warm climate you are fine. If you drive in the cold and like to have company, this may not be the vehicle for you.

12345...8