Used 2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Please keep looking
By Pichon

2013 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has more problems than a burning house! I have never been so stressed. Electrical, motor and a/c are my biggest. I had the entire motor replaced after 6 months of my purchase. The a/c works when it wants and the electrical affects everything from the windows to the doors and even the trunk which hasn't opened in 2 days despite my efforts! I am beyond angry and fed up please warn your friends and family this is only the half of it!!!

Easy to Escape
By N. Davidson

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

110,000 miles on original tires. 147,000 miles on original brakes. Front wheel drive worthless on ice with any grade. Couldn’t get out of my driveway several winter days. 4 wheel drive a must in Kentucky.

Go anywhere
By John

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

great for small group to travel

I think I bought a lemon!
By Lemonsuv

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased brand new, had 70 miles on it and rear-end needed to be replaced, so 3 weeks with a rental vehicle. Air conditioner has had to be recharged twice at garage, hubby finally put Stop-leak in it and it's been working. Has had numerous recalls, spending lots of time in the car garage. Now with 80,000 miles needs new transmission. No warning at all just wouldn't move when leaving work. No Warranty to cover this. My advice never buy a 1st year vehicle when the model changes. Dealership we bought the vehicle at, does not stand behind it.

Reliable Escape
By Robert Atwell

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Escape has been very reliable. In the beginning I had a fairly large number of dealer required recalls but overall they were painless and the Escape has been very reliable and comfortable to drive. If I have one complaint it is that the battery is a pain to replace. Nothing impossible but still requires you to remove a cowling that takes time to both remove and reinstall. Otherwise a well thought out car. Highway mileage is consistently in the 30s except in extreme winter weather where it drops to about 27.