Used 2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Reliable Escape
By Robert Atwell

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Escape has been very reliable. In the beginning I had a fairly large number of dealer required recalls but overall they were painless and the Escape has been very reliable and comfortable to drive. If I have one complaint it is that the battery is a pain to replace. Nothing impossible but still requires you to remove a cowling that takes time to both remove and reinstall. Otherwise a well thought out car. Highway mileage is consistently in the 30s except in extreme winter weather where it drops to about 27.

Lots of factory issues; don’t buy first yr
By Swoozula

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Over the 5 years I’ve owned this car, I've had 8 factory recalls and 3 major “factory” repairs! It’s been a good car, but it’s spent lots of time at the dealer. All has been covered under warranty with loaners, but I’ve lost a lot of time and inconvenience of not having my car. First the hatch wouldn’t close straight. The dealer sent it out for new hinges, but it continued to close improperly. They repaired hinges again and within a week the hatch wasn’t straight. Finally they sent it out again to have heavy duty hinges put on. Each of these 3 repairs required the dealer to send out my car to a body shop that kept it for three weeks at a time. Then the rear leaked, I mean standing water in the car, everytime there was a heavy rain. Plugs were missing. Last was a major repair. I was driving highway speeds with cruise control when the transmission slipped into neutral with the rpm redlining. I was 4 hours away and it repeated this more than 30 times as I limped it home slowly. No error codes, so Ford recalibrated something. It happened again on the way home from dealer. This time they replaced valves in transmission. Still happened, I took service rep with me to see what happens. Finally ford had to replace most of transmission claiming factory misdrilled items. That was a 5 week repair. Listen when people say don’t buy first year of new models!

2013 Escape the Humdrum of Life
By Jon A.

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Look into the Bluetooth connection to your Phone and have salesman show you how it works. If there are any aftermarket additions to your vehicle find out what they are before your purchase.otherwise it is a good family SUV type vehicle

Transmission Option
By Glenn Light

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The only thing is that I wish it came with a manual transmission

The worst car I’ve ever owned!!!
By Jake

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Always breaking down and always pouring money into it.