Used 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Escape Hybrid for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

The best car purchase I have ever made!!!!

Michael, 08/23/2015
4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I reluctantly purchased my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid in 2011 with 134000 miles!!!! Got it for 4000 dollars on eBay.... Immediately after purchasing I had to replace the hybrid battery cooling fan. Very simple to do, ordered from Amazon and did it myself in about 30 mins. Now, in 2015, I have 234289 miles and the only money I've ever put into the car was for routine maintenance. It's amazing! I have never owned a vehicle that was so easily kept. I consistently get about 27-28 mpg in the city with either heat or air in most of the time and I get about 24-25mpg on the beltway(I speed like crazy, so that's incredible mileage per gallon to me). The engine is quiet, the ride is smooth and for the first time since I started buying cars, I feel like I totally got my monies worth out of a vehicle! 4000 dollars for over 100000 miles and she still keeps going. I do think I'll need a wheel bearing replaced, which means I'll do them all at once, but I cannot say enough about the build quality and performance of these hybrids. To be able to drive an suv and get close to 30mpg while still being able to sit up high and grab lumber from The Home Depot without renting a truck... It's amazing! I wanted to write this as soon as I hit 100k miles and before I go and spend money on the wheel bearings(which I could let ride for a bit, but why would I do that? She deserves to be kept up). I'm currently searching for another since I'm giving this one to my newly licensed son. Lol So to anyone it there that can get their hands on one of these, get it!!! Take it home, check it over and baby it because you'll likely own it for a long, long time.

Ford nailed it

nanonevol, 11/20/2014
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this Ford. I think it has the right size motor and electric combination unlike some hybrids. I get at least 30 mpg. The computer must take some many factors into account so the car knows when to go electric and when gas. Brilliant. I love when I'm coasting or driving along on battery or when the motor shuts off in traffic or at a light. All cars should be hybrid. It just makes sense to get the most out of a gallon. Regenerative braking also just a common sense solution to wasted heat energy in normal brakes. Update a year later - Still love this car. It looks practically new and I rarely ever even wash it. I had to have the brakes done and front wheel bearings but it's got 170K miles on it. Still going strong at 187K. Car is a peach (opposite of a lemon).

Fantastic Hybrid SUV

dillpickle, 02/24/2010
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Ford Escape Hybrid SUV is an excellent alternative to the large, offensive SUV's driven by urban soccer moms. The gas mileage is terrific and extends time between fill ups on the highway. The vehicle is extremely dependable and very low maintenance compared to any other SUV on the road. The 4 wheel drive is competent and provides excellent winter traction and stability. The CVT transmission is similar to a golf cart on steroids and provides a seamless, smooth acceleration and "shifting". The cabin and ride are comfortable for long trips and space is plentiful for luggage and accessories. The best vehicle we have ever purchased.

Good Ride. Great Value

clcs5860, 12/12/2011
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 06 all wheel drive escape in 2007, had 16K miles on it at the time of purchase. I have not been kind to this car as I drive it for business and am on the go all the time. I have kept service up to date. The car now has 101K miles on it. The ride is good, acceleration peppy for a hybrid. Only unexpected problem I have had, is to replace a power steering module which cost $824. The leather on the drivers seat has worn through in the arm which indicates the leather in the car is fairly cheap No other complaints.

Escaping the gas pump!

Daniel Romans, 09/20/2016
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My last 2006 Escape Hypbid I had for several years with no issues until I hit a Cow Elk at 60 mph. I bought this one to replace it. This one has more electronic features and so far seems to be even better in the mileage department. It is the most economical SUV I've heard of. I get over 30mph average mileage, nice looking inside and out, easy to drive. My previous one four wheel drive did real well in deep snow as well as plowed snow and slush, I'm expecting no less from this one. Update. My "new" 2006 Escape Hybrid has been a major blessing for my wife and me. It does great in the snow and the mileage is great for an SUV. We are forced to drive over not so maintained rural roads in all kinds of weather and it handles just fine. Bought a "Yakima" clam shell carrier for the top and replaced the original tires with Michelins. Gas mileage went down only about two mpg, so still very happy with the vehicle. update 2018. Still going strong. Many miles put on since. To get over 30 mpg, I have to keep it below 65 on the highway, and not put the ac on max so the gas engine runs continually in city driving. Upgraded the tires to Michellins 2 years ago instead of the suggested hybrid tires. Mileage has gone down by about 2mpg but the tires between the added traction and tire wear, it has been well worth it.

12345...31