Used 2018 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

Used Edge for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Awesome SUV!

L. Lewis, 10/09/2018
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the SEL with the optional V6. It makes great power. I have the optional 8" screen with the safety package, awesome! With the SYNC3 you can use your smartphone with Waze as navigation on the 8" screen, so no need to buy the navigation. The gas mileage is fantastic for an SUV, 20.1mpg around town. This by far the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned!

2018 Edge Problems

My 2nd Edge, 07/30/2019
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2018 Edge SEL has had three significant repair issues in the first 27,000 miles. (1) Improperly installed sunroof that resulted in high-pitch noise at 50 mph and above. (2) Dash screen died and went completely black two times requiring new computer. (3) Crack in engine block resulting in coolant leak into cylinder and requiring new engine. Continued vibration in front left at speeds above 50 mph. Would not recommend this vehicle based on my experience.

LOVE the LOOK, SEATS are AWFUL

Alex, 09/04/2018
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have long admired the look of the Ford Edge Sport. Everything about the exterior is amazing, love the look, mine is white but the Red is by far my favorite color. The wheels on this car really set it apart and make the vehicle look stunning. Mine is LOADED with every conceivable option and they all work well together. I don't use the lane departure warning system much but it is useful. I have 3 LARGE GRIPES or ISSUES with this vehicle. 1st - The SEATS are AWFUL, the worst I have ever experienced. Ford should be ashamed at this seat design, it's at about the 45 minute mark that my left leg starts to cramp and feel weird. Anything longer and it starts to be PAINFUL. 2nd - WEAK GLASS: Again Ford should be ashamed. Less than 6 months in I had a massive CRACK on my Vista Roof (BTW - love the size of this roof/feature) that cost over $1500 to repair. A few months later, the windshield cracked and cost over $850 to repair because of all the features built into it (lane departure, park assist and surround camera). 3rd - Sound System: I have the upgraded Sony Sound System. It is very disappointing. No matter what settings you use the sound is not clear, muffled and leaves something to be desired.

Love our new Ford

Jerry, 01/16/2019
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Our Edge has been everything’s hoped for. Do wish the mileage was a little better but it’s OK for the size of the car. We’re very happy with the purchase one year in.

Edge Sport FTW

SevenBizzos, 12/01/2018
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Driving: Power is excellent. After all, that's why you pony up for the Sport level. Cornering and maneuvering are pretty good considering it's an SUV. I feel like braking could be better, but I'll probably upgrade that when it's time. Suburban MPG is around 20MPG and it was about 22MPG on a road trip with the average cruising speed of 77mph. Exterior: Look is good. I can do without the glass roof. One annoying thing is you have to hold the switch while opening the roof. Most sunroofs are automatic. I also took it through a brush car wash and I became uncomfortable with the brushes running on the glass. Not doing that again. The 21" rims look good but tire replacement is going to be very expensive. Interior: The heated and cooled seat make noise so you're going to have to get used to it, but they work quickly and well. Heated steering wheel is nice too. The push button start takes getting used to. One nice feature is the seat position memory. You can save three settings. The driver's display and steering wheel have a lot going on. I do like all of the options for the left display. Tachometer, lane position, fuel/temp combo, AWD monitor, and even TPMS PSI readings are available. SYNC: Pretty easy once you learn it. Pretty disappointing that the XM radio is not 2.0. Lots of great channels not available. The navigation system is OK. It could be easier to read and I'm not sure if it will reroute you when necessary. The map layer is outdated by a few years. The Highlander navigation system has a weather radar layer which this is missing. It's actually very usable. Options: The lane assist is OK. I turn it off as it annoys me. The adaptive cruise control is quite useful when you're in really light traffic on a road trip, but for isn't functional for normal traffic levels. Other stuff: Oil changes are easy. No ramp or jack necessary. I also like the fuel versatility. It will burn E15. Premium fuel is recommended and so far that's what I've been running. With the MPG, that does get expensive.

12345...9