Used 2018 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

Used Edge for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Sterling and power

Ed Woods, 03/20/2018
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Only two issues. One is kind of just an annoyance. The steering shaft under the dashboard is open. So the joint is exposed. For someone a bit shorter that won’t be an issue. For me at 6’ 2 it’s not very good. I found myself feeling the joint rubbing my shoe. Second, for a turbo engine it seems to lack in acceleration and power. I spent a lot of years as a mechanic and worked at a few ford dealers over the years. In my opinion going to this format with smaller engines with turbos really hurt the power and acceleration. It could get better with a bit of tuning and adjusting of the turbo waste gate. Maybe even a bigger turbo. Other than that i couldn’t be happier. My next vehicle is going to be this very same suv.

The Cruiser

Eric Pedersen , 07/21/2018
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Quietness and seat comfort were the top priority for us when shopping for something to replace our Highlander. After test driving almost 10 small and mid-size SUVs the choice was obvious. We did a 1000 mile Pacific Northwest road trip in the first month and it didn’t disappoint in any regard. 18 months of ownership and the only issues are the headlights and the hood line diminishing forward visibility when maneuvering in close quarters such as parking. The headlights just seem weak in the dark and rain of a PNW winter. In all fairness the comparison is the HID headlights in my Denali. Otherwise no issues at all.

Beautifully Fitted Car that you fit in.

Mark B, 05/24/2018
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded in an Escape that always felt not quite big enough. The Edge is perfectly sized. Great for road trips. The car has a front camera which is a necessity for me to park because with the design of the hood I find it hard to center the car in a parking place. Very quiet ride and the front seats and console are perfectly designed. ( I considered the MKX but I didn’t like the cabin design as much. It felt claustrophobic and I didn’t see the value in the added 10,000

Smart SUV does everything well

MJLATL, 07/05/2018
Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this Smaller SUV for city driving and easy parking- but it rides great on long highway drives and holds a ton of stuff. Open Airy feel inside and comfortable for my 6'3" 250lbs. I wanted the 2.0L turbo but the 1.6Turbo is fine. I don't like the stop/start but its easy to turn off or just drive in Sport to defeat it. We don't use the automatic parking stuff but it does work. My only complaint is the sunshade rattles on the huge sunroof- wish I hadn't wasted the $$ on the sunroof, its just not needed and too big for the car

2018 Edge Titanium AWD

Will, 11/07/2018
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First of all, this is a GREAT SUV. I looked all over and compared multiple SUVs for several months before making my decision. Once I finally decided on the Edge, I found a nearby Ford Dealer and special ordered one. The reason I special ordered was I wanted litterally EVERY option available, in the exact color I wanted. I got the Titanium Model with Magnetic Grey exterior, Ebony Leather interior, 302A package, AWD, opted for the 2.0 EcoBoost vs. the V6 (the V6 is old school), trailer tow package with hitch, cold weather package, 20" wheels with grey pockets and the cargo accessory package. EVERYTHING! Waited about 8+ weeks for its arrival. Now, 3 months later I have not been dissapointed! The Edge drives great, smooth and very quiet , and with the 2.0 EcoBoost has decent acceleration. It's not going to break loose and spin the tires from a stop light, but it is not meant to do that. The AWD system helps to keep the vehicle planted very well during the recent heavy rains we have had where I live. Honestly, I would not have any SUV without AWD...I think it's a necessity for such a vehicle! The adaptive cruise control, BLIS Blind Spot Warning and the Lane Keeping Assist work very well. One complaint, I wish the BLIS Blind Spot Warning had some sort of Audible alert in addition to the light in the mirror...bad omission by Ford!! Most other makers have a sound in addition to the light. The Automatic Wipers are annoying at best, but I had those on a previous car and they were annoying also...its not a Ford issue. I really like the SYNC 3 system too, though it can be a bit limited in its performance. It has Adaptive Steering as well, which changes the steering ratio constantly. Takes some getting used to, but actually makes it handle better...very tight steering compared to just the regular steering. I have only had the Edge for a bit less than 3 months now, so the overall reliability is still unknown...so far so good though.

12345...9