Used 2010 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

2010 Edge AWD Best Ford product
By Haroon Jamshed

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great Ford product. I own a 2010 Ford Edge AWD. I bought it in 2013 with 30,000 miles for half the price of brand new. Sexy looking, beefy, sturdy, powerful & safe. Now problems: wheel bearing, brakes, transmission shifting (it's hunting for gears), the power transmission unit (PTU) is a serious eff-up on Ford's part. It's luxurious since I have the leather package, but a substitute is Lexus RX 350 which has amazing luxury and Toyota reliability. In this day n age, a car should easily last 200,000 miles and more if we look after it. The PTU in Ford Edge AWD is a ticking time bomb, wheel bearings, transmission, brakes too. The DURATEC engine is solid though. I love my Edge but unfortunately I will not buy another.

Absolutely Wonderful Car
By Doc

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new and have had it for almost 10 years. To date, I have had NO mechanical problems and only normal maintenance of brakes, tires, etc. The space behind the rear seats is wide enough for golf clubs and most other things I carry and the drop down rear seats provide ample storage and hauling space. The car is fairly low mileage, +/- 70,000 miles, but I have no intent to trade this car in anytime soon. I do routine things like oil changes, tire rotations, etc regularly, and it has paid off in superior reliability. GREAT CAR.

Great Find for the Price .
By Randall Lowe

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My SE Edge is the first Ford i owned and i love it . Drives and feels good . Had to replace the Front Breaks and rotors . No big deal for 73 , 000 miles on it Great gas mileage 27 mpg on highway . Roomy , I am a big man and i can get in and out of the Edge very easy . I would buy this car again . No more G.M. ! They are slipping badly on recalls all the time The Edge didn't have that many recalls on it . I like the New Ford Trucks but i will stick with my Edge for now . I like it a lot and will take many trips Up north in Michigan this year 400 mile round trips . I trust this car to do that .

Beware!
By Jeff E

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2010 Ford Edge, kept up with normal maintenance and at 65K miles had a water pump failure. Normally not a big deal BUT Ford designed the Duratec 3.5L motor with an internal water pump driven by the timing belt (really poor design) so when the water pump fails it dumps your coolant into the motor crank case and your motor also fails! $5000 repair bill for a WATER PUMP FAILURE! While I was at Ford there was a Ford Flex (same motor) there with same problem at 74K miles! POOR DESIGN! BUYER BEWARE!

Not EDGY but great!
By William Craffey

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second Edge, it is an AWD Limited and we purchased it new 8 years ago. The reliability has been exceptional, it has required only 3 warranty repairs in 7 years , the compass, a wheel bearing and the blender on the A/C (we purchased the extended) and 1 battery. We still have the original tires (still good) and brakes after 68.000 miles. It still rides and drives very well (no squeaks or rattles), everything works perfectly. It handles outstandingly well in the mountains even in rain and snow. my only complaint is the tires are noisy and the transmission is sometimes slow to downshift and upshift, but nevertheless, it has been totally reliable. It is a great vehicle and is the reason we purchased a 2013 F-150 which has required no repairs or expenses in 56,000 miles.