Used 2007 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 189 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

the 2007 Ford Edge
By Dick Fyten

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great automobile.

Found on Road Dead a very true statement!!!
By donna stepp

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 2007 Ford Edge Sel Awd from Car Max with 77k miles on it. I bought it for personal use only!!! I am self employed and was using my 2000 Chevy Blazer to work. This Edge basically sat from September of 2015 when I bought it until October of 2016 when I started using it for work. Well, lets go back to when I first purchased it from Car Max. I immediately had braking issues, I took it back to Car Max and their service dept "supposedly" fixed my brakes. Well the grinding noise was still there so I took it to Merlins and they showed me the rotars and pad needed to be replaced. This was in Sept. 2015 2 weeks after I had purchased the Edge. At that same time Merlins noticed the Rack Pinion leaking, So I had to get that fixed. Yes, I have the MaxCare warranty but that is besides the point. Well, that go fixed and now this vehicle sat until October of 2016, like I said and started driving it more. Well, May of 2017, with 91k miles on it. The battery light came on and I took it to Merlins and the Alternator went out. So, I had to replace that and the serpetine belt along with the tension pulley, on that same day, Merlins noticed the Transfer case was leaking. Now, that had to be fixed. Now, in August of 2017, I was driving down the road when I came up to a red light and I went to press the brake to stop and it was HARD as a rock. Like hitting a wall. I take it back to Merlins and the Master Cylinder and Brake Booster both went out that day. So, that got fixed. In September of 2017 now it has 92k miles on it the Rack Pinion was leaking again. So, Merlins fixed that. This brings us to this very date. As of Dec.16. 2017 this vehicle is leaking oil from the timing cover, which Merlins thinks its the valve cover gasket. So, in the 27 months of having this vehicle that I purchased with 77k miles on it when it all began. Now it has 94732. Thats a total 17.732 miles I have put on this vehicle. Thats 8.866 miles a year I have put on this vechilce. So, far Alternator, Tension Pulley, Serpetine belt, Master Cylinder Brake Booster, Rack Pinion (twice fixed) Transfer Case and now Valver Cover Gasket and possible Heads as well. That $9000 in repairs for this vehicle. What is going on at Ford? I mean really I paid 13k for this vehicle and 9k in repairs? This is completely insane. Wait, the recall for the gas tank and now the hub bearing assembly front drivers side. (Steering) I mean really. This is not the 80s where the vehicles did last past 80k miles. Now I have to wait for the tekata air bag replacement because the air bag may deploy. When is Ford going to be held responsible for their vehicles. They need to stop running such short tests on these engines and putting them in reproduction asap. This is the outcome of that. I am going back to GM. I gave Ford a chance and this is what they are reproducing? I mean the Edge is a very nice looking ride and hanldes awesome but I cannot keep mine out of the shop. The interior is awesome, I like everything about the vehicle but these major enginge...brake and steering problems are all very serious. I hope one day ford will get rid of the FOUND ON ROAD DEAD, off their backs. With me its ALL TRUE!!!

Ford Edge
By robert george

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's a great family vehicle!

Edgy 07
By Gdaddy

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Has very poor air conditioning especially for rear seat passengers

Ford Edge rusty
By Alice

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2007 Ford edge is rusting in most area's of the paint.