Skip to main content

Used Contour for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons
2.63 out of 5 stars

First, last & only Ford I will ever buy

CouldaBeenBetter, 07/05/2002
LX 4dr Sedan

1996 V6 LX. Bought mine with the Ford 100,000 mile warranty and I am sure glad that I did. I estimate that I had about 12 to $15,000 worth of repairs under that warranty. Hood, roof & trunk painted twice. 4 Catalytic Converters. A/C, Power Seats & Right Power Window all failed. Just about every sensor in engine has been replaced at least once. Constant thump from rear suspension that was never fixed. Persistent stalling problem. Finally at 110,000, I dumped $2500 into it to try to fix the stalling problem to no avail. Traded it in for $1500 and bought a Camry.

1.38 out of 5 stars

Problems

Samantha'sPain, 07/22/2002
LX 4dr Sedan

This car has been nothing but trouble. I have had many sets of brakes, new calipers and new caliper kits, new rotors. Several recalls for the blower and the blower switch. I had all new fuel lines and fuel sensors, o2 sensors replaced on 2 occasions. The cup holder holds 1 can drink and has been broken for a long time and it cost $80.00 for a new one. I have had to replace the moonroof motor. The switch for the windows is broken and it is $50.00 just for the part. If this car had been driven hard before I got it I could understand. But, I bought this car new. It had 7 miles on it when I drove it from the lot. I will NEVER buy another Ford product.

2.13 out of 5 stars

STAY AWAY

ShiltZone, 02/15/2003
LX 4dr Sedan

I had a lot of problems with the car after 60,000 miles. Around 70,000 to 80,000 most people who own this model will need to get a new transmission. The check engine light now around 90,000 is constantly on. I am about to get rid of it and I don't even want to sell it to anyone, I am trading it in for a Honda Civic.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great Car

robertn78, 02/03/2005
SE 4dr Sedan

This car is very fun to drive. It handles great and has a lot of power with a small 2.5L V6. I have a SE model which in my opinion looks better and it handles better due to different sway bars and shock valving. No problems with this car, just regular maintenance.

3.75 out of 5 stars

My Contour

dvargas, 09/27/2004
GL 4dr Sedan

I've had no major problems with the engine or performance in the last 8 years. The only recurring problems were with the body parts such as plastic interior items breaking including gear shifter, mechanical window repairs on 4 occasions, etc. Overall I have been very happy with my purchase. A very economical vehicle.

12345...14