Used 2015 FIAT 500 Abarth Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 FIAT 500 Abarth Consumer Reviews

Abarth 1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

Traded in my SL 500 !
By Vn

2015 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is our 3rd fiat 500. One is electric. They have been the most reliable cars I’ve owned - ever. The last time my Mercedes left me stranded I got this as my daily racer. I own a 911, a Macan, and a wrangler. I really enjoy them all but this is in many ways the most fun

MY LITTLE RED RACY ABARTH
By Pam

2015 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

You ge a lot of bang for the buck with Fiat. We obviously love them since this is our fourth one! We just keep upgrading! with my Abarth, I can smoke a Corvette off the line ~ then I'm toast! But, I'll still have gas when I get there!

have owned 2 Abarths 2013 5spd and 2015 6spd auto
By Kevin

2015 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned 2 Abarth ( a 2013 white w/ red stripes/mirrors ,5 spd manual- 160hp/170 ft/lbs and current 2015 Red w/black stripes/mirrors,6spd automatic- 157 hp/183 ft/lbs,optional extra cost 16 in. wheels) . Now at 23k miles on red. >>No<< problems. Average around town 28 mpg (premium) but have been as high as 36 mpg on trip ( at about 65 mph). Quick with sport button on as it supposedly adds 20 ft/lbs torque. and you can feel the difference with sport button on . All three dealerships ( Baltimore,MD, Tysons Corner,VA and Melbourne,FL have been very good overall. I came from a 2011 MINI Cooper S 6spd. The MINI was more sophisticated but the ABARTH is a true hoot ,especially hearing the exhaust. FIAT /ABARTH- I suggest direct injection ( not older port injection), suggest IRS (not beam axle rear suspension) , suggest 17in wheels standard (not 16in) , suggest better gauge design . (Although 2015 was improved you are not there yet...needs to be like the 595 and 695 in Europe). Suggest improved exhaust ( a "T intersection" at rear... really?) , Suggest KONI shocks on all four wheels.(not sure if this was addressed on 2016 on) , Suggest bigger brakes front and rear. Suggest standard rear "sway bar" needs to be much stiffer to reduce lean in corners. FIAT has reduced price to now start at 20 k which seems quite fair. If you are seeking a harder core and cheaper alternative to the MINI Cooper S then try this. The ABARTH is priced closer to a MINI Cooper 1.5 134 hp /162 ft/lbs than the Cooper S.

A Better Way to Start Your Day
By Daniel Castaneda

2015 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

FUN is the best way to describe this car, you will smile and have a good time. Own this car since April 2016 and its brought nothing but joy, it has a great car community, so many mods, the overall experience is pretty special. The Italians know how to strike the right emotions when creating a car. I took out the rear seats(about 50lbs) and added Speedlab Rear Diffuser, also added a Torque Arm Insert which really makes the car feel more premium and stout. Go test drive one and you'll see why its worth talking about.

Owning two Abarths
By KJS

2015 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have now owned two ABarths...a 2013 5spd basic car and a 2015 6spd automatic also basic . I have tended to like the automatic better and have just returned from a long trip getting 36.5 mpg at about 75mph average speed. 30mpg around town driving. The auto has 183ft lbs torque ( more than the 5spd cars) as well which adds to the ease in drivability and it is a 6spd auto ( vs the 5spd manual). The car needs an update at this point (IE direct injection, a dual scroll turbo for quicker spool up, an independent rear suspension and it should have had Koni shocks all around ( now since changed for 2016) right from the beginning. The sway bars should have been stiffer as well especially the rear sway bar ( which can be resolved through the aftermarket.- a wise choice which does help minimize understeer) . You will need to keep the tire pressure at 40psi all around to get best performance. Mine had the optional 16 in black wheels ( not the 17inchers ) so the higher pressure was not objectionable. The car is a fun ,raucous ,unique little runabout but is only "fast" when in sport mode ( worth 20ft lbs. more torque when sport button is pushed). After owning two I would not buy another unless there was a total top to bottom update as the original was released around 2008 in Europe. It is now overdue. Not many drive these so you will need to be dedicated.