Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

A REAL JEWEL
By JOHN HENSON

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

6 inch factory lift, 35 inch all terrain tires, tool box, skid plates, routine maintenance, front brush/grill guard, 6.7 diesel engine.

Wake up Chrysler
By tube1

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had this truck now for 7 yrs purchased brand new with 6 miles on it. And I can say that build quality for this has been lackluster to say the least. The fuel mileage on the 6.7 diesel is terrible and the only way to improve it is with the DPF delete kit. At 35000 miles had to replace all the ball joints, maintenance cannot be done on it without getting filthy on even the simplest of items. I use mine as a horse to pull heavy loads most of the time but the fuel mileage is so bad that most of the time I try to use another vehicle At best I get 13-14 mpg with it empty driving very conservatively And I have the DPF delete kit on it. It's a poor quality build all around. Cannot recommend.

Lots of low end torque when loaded down. Cab is reasonably comfortable but need to lower tire pressure to smooth out the ride. Cruise works well. Seems quite in the cab when going down the road but this is my 6th diesel P/U. Really like the stereo controls on the steering wheel. Good stereo.

Fix MPG this is horrible. Without modifications to the truck I would only be getting 10 mpg on the highway. Even with mods to the truck still only getting 13-14 mpg. The windshield post are way to big, it creates a huge blind spot. Have almost been in 3 accidents because of this. Auto transmission in tow mode needs serious improvements will downshift and over rev when going down hills even with jake brake on. I've had to throw it up in neutral several times to prevent this. The front end needs serious re-engineering replacing all the ball joints at 35k miles on a 3/4 ton truck is bad engineering. Chrysler corp needs to wake up consumers will respond if you make a good quality product.

Steering problemsI own a 2008 4x4 quad
By Ian

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I own a 2008 2500 quad cab4x4 s/b I love the look and interior of this truck but have had problems with a thunk in the steering wheel dealer has replaced the front end totally and the problem still exists.I was told today that this is normal for This year and to expect a death wobble possible on the highway at 70 mph if you hit a pot hole or bump the truck will jump out from under you well this happened 3 months ago and never crossed my mind there was a problem till today when told of this . I want to know why Dodge will not fix the problem but the dealer service guys give you a link to aftermarket parts to fix the problem. Government needs to step in we need dodge to step up to the plate.

1st time Dodge owner, never again
By peteg

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck after my Superduty was stolen. I have 31m500 miles on the truck. I have alignment problems from day one and they still remain. The dealer changed all front end parts including: steering box, tie rod, ball joints. I am on my second set of tires. The check engine light comes on often and I have replaced one turbo. I could go on and on. I can't wait until I can afford another Superduty! Seriously.

Backseat leg room. The a/c is cold.

The GPS is outdated. Needs to be a touch screen.

Engine light coming on
By ric

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

found to be sulfur sensor problem after two trips to dealer they called dodge which has a new program to clean canister quicker and soon you don't even know when it is going to do it. they fixed the problem thanks