Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

A Man's Truck
By Sam

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the first truck I've bought, and although my family farm has always had Dodge's, this one is easily my favorite. We have a 2500 Cummins and my brother in law has a 3500 cummins, and we've had nothing but good reliability and fantastic performance with them. My 1500 fits right in, and with its powerful 5.7 L Hemi can tow really whatever I need it to. I commute to college with it, and although it's fun to drive and looks great, it's not a commuter vehicle. Mileage is around 17 mpg total, not bad, but I hardly touch the pedal. Interior is fresh, clean, nicely done IMO, unlike Ford's whose interior is boring. Overall a great truck, if you need it! Otherwise, a great toy....

Hemi, Red color, satellite radio, 20" tires (not replacing the stock Goodyear though) Hemi. Did I mention Hemi? I want to make that clear, the Hemi is fantastic. p.s. the 2009 Hemi, 380 hp, 405 ft-lb torque...

It's a Hemi so the fuel mileage is awful, but oh well..beef up the sound system a little. more aggressive exhaust. nothing that any aftermarket mods can't fix, overall fantastic

Nice Truck
By BWP

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 30 minute drive to work with 10 min. in town, 20 min. on 55 mph sparsely traveled rural roads. At 55- 60, I consistently get around 21 mpg with the Hemi running on 4 cylinders. My pure hwy mpg is even better than that. I chose this truck over a Ford mainly because the rural commute would allow me to benefit from the cylinder deactivation function, which the Ford did not have. In town and freeway mileage is what you'd expect from a full sized truck. I tow an 18 1/2 ft boat with no problems. The TRX4 off-road suspension is a bit stiff on road when light loaded, but I'm overall very happy with it. It's excellent off- road. This is my 1st Dodge truck. No regrets.

Hemi's mileage when utilizing 4 cylinders, power when I need it, looks, off-road and towing capability, drivability, easy oil filter access

Spruce up plain interior, change cloth seats that stain easily, beef up fog light brackets (1 is broken, the other is cracked), put the steering wheel audio controls back on, seat belt bolt cover on passenger seat gets hit when passengers debark (mine is now missing).

2nd Dodge, getting another
By JRod05

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Dodge truck. I had a 98 Dakota that was a great truck thru 85,000 miles when I sold it. I leased a 06 Ram after a fight with Ford over a lemoned F-150. I'm wrapping up my 2 year lease with my current Ram and wanted to express my feelings. I've had 1 issue with this truck, warped rotors. That is. No interior squeaks, no mechanical issues, nothing. It's been flawless and I'm actually in the process of buying a 08 right now.

Dodge can design wheels. The 20's are great! The HEMI performance. Overall stance of the truck. The bench seats have an enormous amount of storage.

Better bench seats. They are fairly narrow and easily stained. The stock Goodyear tires are horrible! They are poor on wet pavement. My 08 will get wrapped in something else.

3rd Ram truck in 6 years
By Bluez

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a 2002, 2004 & now the 2006 Ram 1500 which I have been driving for 1 year. I had no problems with the first two but the 2006 from the moment off the lot with under 10 miles on it the wheel shakes bad at all different speeds not just over 60 miles. It has been in the shop a dozen times and they have replaced the front struts,several wheel alinments & balance the tires. Still have the problem and it's been a year. Now the front shocks make a terrible sound when driving on even payment but they have order new ones under warranty. I really enjoyed the 2004 but this one is a lemon and I'm switching to GM in two years when te lease is up.

Interior size, towing capacity, looks, height of vehicle

Solve the front end problem and gas mileage

Better trucks out there
By bobwest

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Many problems with this pickup, so far dealer has been good about fixing them. 4-door quad cab not much more than an extended cab with 4-doors. Get mega cab if you really intend to have adults in the back seat.

Not sure there are any

Better paint job, premium cloth seats stain easily and hard to clean, rear bumper had rust in first 1000 miles, rear window would not go up or down in first 3000 miles, shifted into 4-wheel drive on it's own one time. Dealer has fixed all but spend too much time in the shop.