2017 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Love my journey but!!!
By Teresa d

2017 Dodge Journey SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love my the comfort and space in my journey. Was so excited when we purchased it but we had it for 2 weeks started making noise in front end and has been in shop for 3 weeks. They still can’t figure it out. As of today they are replacing my tranny in my 2017 Dodge Journey that only had 1000 miles on it. Not to sure what to think of it. The dealership has been amazing but not happy with vehilce

Great SUV love the power and comfort
By Owner

2017 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just keep up on the maintenance I've been told. Have had any problems at all.

White Pearl
By Robert Benson

2017 Dodge Journey SUV Crossroad Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is actually the second V6 Journey I've purchased. I had a previous G/TG and regretted selling it when I did. Wife wanted something different, new so we looked back at a Journey Crossroads Plus. Super SUV, Wonderful leather interior, very well designed and looks terrific. Great gas mileage, she averages around 25 most of the time. Great riding and driving SUV. Glad to have gone back to one. A wonderful vehicle which gets little real attention from the auto buffs.

First Dodge Purchase
By Christine

2017 Dodge Journey SUV Crossroad 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I originally went to the dealership with the plan to buy a new Jeep. After test driving a few models (Patriot, Latitude, etc), I was not happy with ride, comfort, or interiors. My price point also kept putting me in the 4cyl Jeeps. I have previously owned a Chevy Blazer, and a couple Jeep Cherokee Sports. On a whim I decided to test a new 2017 Journey Crossroad AWD. I was pleasantly surprised. After 9 months of ownership, I am still satisfied with my purchase. Only a few things bother me, and they are pretty minor. It is a basically ugly vehicle, except for maybe the "boss" looking color (black) on the front grill package of my otherwise light gray (silver) vehicle. It is slow to warm up, even in the summer, and the heating and air conditioning take a while to get going too. Another thing I miss is daytime auto-running lights, I have to turn on the headlights if I want headlights during the day. Also this vehicle is manual open on the liftgate (no click to open on the fob). Things I like are the roominess of the front seat area, and plenty of rear space, especially with both rows of seats folded down. Accelerating this V6 is fine for my driving style, and quick acceleration when needed was adequate, like for merging in to heavy traffic. Highway driving I average about 25mpg at 70 mph. On cruise, it gets a little better. In town, suburb driving around 21 mpg. I like the somewhat basic electronics pkg. I don't need navigation, or computer, or a backup camera. I do enjoy the surius radio, and bluetooth, although the latter I rarely use. This is the first AWD vehicle I have owned, my previous vehicles all being 4WD switch on the fly types. I was a little aprehensive about the AWD, but my first winter in the upper Midwest (Iowa) I had no problems getting around in the snow. Dodge has done a good job winning me over, before this purchase I had never considered this brand.

Step Up for a Journey
By J.E. Perkins

2017 Dodge Journey SUV Crossroad Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2002 Ford Edge Ranger. As much as I loved that old pickup I do have to admit the Journey is a step up. I drove the 4 cycl Journey and it was ok but lacked in responsiveness when I needed the power. However, the 3.6L V6 Crossroads plus is just that a PLUS. I look forward to many, many years and many, many outings with this Dodge.