Used 2016 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Timmy' Toys
By AES

2016 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Try it out for yourself. You don't know until you drive one. Great for a family with3rd row seatong.

I've had ALOT of vehicles
By JenniferG

2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I have always been obsessed with vehicles. We've had over 40 cars in the past 10 years from racing, pleasure and looks. The only vehicle I've liked more was my 2008 Chevy Tahoe. Only bc it sat up more. Cost was way more and it cost way more to fix. I done research for a while before I decided on a Journey. It works great for car pool (kids have alot of cousin that want to come over after school) there is a hidden compartment under passenger seat, and coolers in floorboard at middle row seating. You can slide middle row forward if you need more room in 3rd row. Worship my push button start (as long as the gas light isn't on, then it won't start) has really good power and I've raced many cars so I'm not ignorant in that field. I can drive it hard and still average 20+ mpg. I am 5'8" and husband 6'2" we both ride extremely comfortable. This is the first vehicle i havent had to have my seat all the way back. Heated steering wheel and seats are great. My only complaint is twice in almost a year the bluetooth has acted up, which has nothing to do with the vehicle. For the price and room, it's a steal. And comparing to a Durango it is pretty equal to it other than tow capacity for $10-15k less.

Don’t buy!
By Rhonda

2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has been the worst headache I have ever had. It’s been in the shop 5 times for water damage that’s coming from seals that were not sealed correctly from dodge.

Journey
By Holly Walker

2016 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The third row seating is very helpful for larger families. It looks small, but it's actually pretty roomy.

One of the worst vehicles I've ever driven
By MattyB

2016 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the standard issue company car for the company that I work for. The FWD 4 banger is what most of my coworkers get, but because I live in the Northeast, they upgraded me to the AWD version, which automatically upgrades the engine to the V6 Pentastar. Note that this outdated engine still requires 3000 mile oil changes. It's loud and makes a lot of horsepower, but when paired to this obesely overweight compact SUV, is not impressive. The transmission slips and clunks around between gears and doesn't downshift quickly enough when you need to floor it. Body roll is horrible, and it feels very insecure around corners at highway speeds. The front seats are heavily bolstered which might be comfortable for someone shorter and smaller than me, but at 6 feet and 215 lbs, my thighs are sore after a long drive. Steering response feels kind of like stirring a straw in a slushie. My particular Journey has some sort of electrical defect which causes the headlights to briefly flicker randomly, not to complete darkness, but enough that it is noticeable, and my local Dodge dealer can't figure out the problem. The touchscreen system which controls the radio and climate control system requires way too many touches to change climate settings. Bluetooth is not standard equipment in 2016, which is ridiculous. Rear visibility is abysmal, and a backup camera and/or parking sensors are not standard either. The power window motors sound like they are straining to raise or lower the windows. On the upside, cargo room is excellent, and with the 2nd row seats folded down rivals most midsize SUVs. The 3rd row seating is ok for kids, but adults will be very cramped. I see them everywhere, probably because they are dirt cheap, but you get what you pay for. There are many other better choices.