Used 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Caravan for Sale
Select your model:
1...345678

Pros
Cons

Excellent Vehicle

Phillip Merlino, 04/07/2003

This Vehicle has been absouloutely wonerfull for the last 25,000 miles we looked at the Pontiac, T&C , And Honda. They didnt compare at all to the Gran Caravan Ex. We have it all fully loaded with leather power doors and liftgate 3.8 liter 215 horsepower engine 4 disc CD player etc. For only $26,678 an excellent value! Also we have 0% APR For 60 months this car has amaizing excelleration for a minivan the engine is much more refined than the honda. and feels alot more peppy than the pontiac.

Rip-Off!

kj, 08/10/2007

Since buying this vehicle, we have replaced the tie rods, replaced tires 3 out of 4 years, replaced brake pads almost annually, replaced the brakes, had the motor in the driver side power window fixed, replaced the alternator belt, did the tailgate lift recall, and now we are having to have the fuel injector replaced and the computer system repaired. The rubber on the edges of the doors has been glued twice, the air conditioner leaks on the passenger floor boards, the little cup holders on both passenger seats have also broken. You would think I worked to tear this vehicle up. It gets regular maintenance. I drive on interstates and main roads. It's in the shop for the 4th time this year!

Seatbelts are Unsafe

jribeiro, 05/02/2003

The seatbelts can become disengaged inadvertently. Please see www.unsafebelts.com

Gr Caravan ES

Montess, 02/13/2003

This Van has it all when loaded up with available options. Looks and rides great.

This is THE minivan

Jay_dee_ess, 12/30/2002

Nobody I know didn't like this. I know many people that own Honda vans, and I did too at one point. But this is so much better. It's much more fun to drive, and the sound system is by far the best I have seen in a minivan, certainly 100 times better than that in the Honda minivan. The liftgate certainly attracts eyes, and nothing has broken down so far (16000 miles). Certainly the best minivan out there, aside from the Town & Country.

Great Value

DaveMB2, 05/23/2003

We've had the minivan for 4 months and have put about 3,000 miles on it. Not the slightest hint of a problem. My wife drives it most of the time around town and she loves it. The power doors/liftgate are indispensable. I get to drive the car on the highway and find it smooth and comfortable. Power is fine for us, but we are not aggressive drivers. Gas mileage is about advertised, we get 25 on road trips, but 18 otherwise. We bought the minivan over a sedan mainly for hauling things and it's great for that. It's hauled a bulky NordicTrack treadmill and a ton of building/landscaping supplies from Lowe's. Much more practical than a SUV.

Power Steering Noise

Charles David Bunner, 03/29/2008

Ever since I had the power steering hose replaced under the recall, I have had whining and noisy noise from the unit. I have taken it in repeatedly complaining about the noise without resolve. Last time I took it in was told, "Problem cannot be solved" I will never buy another Chrysler product due to the attitude of Chrysler. Let the Buyers beware of the tactics of Chrysler and their dealerships. Used to be dependable but no longer in my book.

Dodge CV

Charlie, 05/29/2008

We bought this van because we own 2 large Greyhounds and also a small business. The interior is quite spacious and fulfills all of our requirements. We added a roof rack and running boards and these have helped to increase the comfort and utility of the vehicle. Also, we periodically buy indoor/outdoor carpeting to make a safe surface for the dogs. Repairs have been minimal, consisting of water pump and front brakes at 35,000 miles, drivers side power window motor at 22,000 miles. There is a whine from the power steering pump when it is below 45 degrees, but I've controlled it with Lucas Power Steering fluid. Probably will need to replace the pump this fall.

1...345678