Used 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Caravan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Not a good experience this time around

Reliability Issues, 03/02/2008

Had this van for about four years now, had a lot of trouble in the beginning with small things like the rear htch opening at will. Since the waranty ran out we are having trouble with the transmision (shifting back and forth between gears as you accelerate) water pump has gone, front end is loose and makes strange noises - I suspect the ball joints are shot, transmission hose broke and dumped transmission fluid all over road. Engine is loosing oil like crazy. Does not seem to be leaking so I can only assume that it is burning oil. This is my third Dodge Van... first two were good but this one has had problem after problem. I suspect I will not buy another Dodge van

Major parts good. Minor parts bad.

Matt, 07/01/2007

We got this car used at 26k, and had no real issues with it for about 12 months. Since then, it has been in the shop several times for minor issues. Windshield washer pump broke. Power locks on rear doors broke. Rear washer broke. A/C leaked on the floorboards. Brake system is junk. Despite oil changes every 3,000 miles, I end up having to do an engine system flush due to sludge build-up every other time. Power steering binds. Bottom line is, that despite no real major problems with the engine, etc, it is extremely irritating to have to bring the van in for work all the time.

excellent piece of equipment

mek0123, 01/20/2003

I have totally enjoyed my Dodge Grand Caravan ES. It is truly a fun to drive and the best road vehicle I have ever driven much less owned. Rides like a car and handles like something German. For the first time ever in a minivan, I can actually hold a regular tone conversation with 3rd seat rear passengers without raising my voice. Chrysler-Infinity sound system with 9 speakers can literally blow you out of the van. Automatic load leveling suspension is the final charm for me with this minivan. Loaded up, headlights are still aimed on the road and not up into the trees. Rent one from Alamo/Dollar for a weekend and you'll be convinced too!!!

Cheap Wisconsin beater

Troy, 01/27/2017
Sport AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It runs heat ac work great only down fall with it is it has the typical Wisconsin rust

carlos

flames rivers, 09/24/2003

this van has gos milage and is good for sports moms so the can drive their kids to games as well as their friends

Love our van.....

LuvsLighthouses, 09/25/2003

We bought our van used with less than 24K miles on it. It is black and white with a grey interior. It has tinted windows and both side doors.

It must have been made on a Monday!

Lemon, 07/18/2006

I have had trouble with this van since the day we bought it. Constantly in the Service bay for one thing or another. I get smart sarcasms from the salesmen and mechanics. Most recently I have had this van in the dealership 6 times in a month and a half for the same problem. I will never buy another Dodge. We have always had foreign cars and I guess now we know why!

Shafted again

upset, 02/10/2007

In July of 2004 I wrote a review with concerns whether Dodge had cured it's tranny problems and I was experiencing tranny shudder and slipping into a false neutral. This was at 29,000 miles. At 35,000 I had the fluid changed and then at 44,000 they had to do a major rebuild on the tranny and replace the torque converter, now 14,000 miles later the same problem is here again. Do I attribute this to a lousy transmission that was to be upgraded and now reliable for 2003 or a mechanic that doesn't know what he's doing. They will have to rebuild it again now at 58,000 miles and one wonders if it'll be another rebuild just before the warranty expires or do I dump it! Unfortunately, Adios Dodge

Best Minivan Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tull22, 10/16/2002

To start the whole process, the dealership was great my sales person was wonderful and most of all my new caravan Ex is unbeliveable. Before I had a ford winstar and the grand caravan just blows it away, from its unique look to is great ride and options that I want on my vehicle. I have put on just over 2000 miles in a month and I get good gas milage. If you are in the market for a minivan you have to atleast give dodge a shot I did and I love it!

The Best

IMackid4, 10/20/2002

This van is the bst in the world. The power sliding doors and the rear hatch is so cool. Pepole look at the van when ever I open the gate or close it. It comes in handy when pepoles hands are full.

12345...8