Used 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Caravan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Wonderful-Except for One Thing

trudy, 01/22/2003

We love our new Grand Caravan Sport. It is roomy & has lots of get up & go. However, with only being less than one year old, it has already been to the dealership five times!!! Something with the pulleys & belts. They always fix it & then it starts back again. But the inconvenience of always being in the dealership is a real drawback.

Dodge Grand Caravan AWD

mbh818, 08/16/2003

By far the best minivan available on the market today! AWD gives us the piece of mind and safety to get us through the unexpected storms that pop up in the Poconos. The kids love the DVD and Mom loves the Quad seating so the kids aren't on top of one another. It's the 3rd Dodge Grand Caravan we've owned. We'll nevewr buy another.

Love my caravan

l kovel, 09/25/2003

This is the first mini van I have owned. I have had other suv's and full size vans. The Caravan is fun to drive, has all the options/accessories you could need. It was priced great. We love the room, the handling, the comfort, the style. I just love it. I would recommend it to everyone. The automatic doors and rear hatch are ultra convenient.

GREAT VEHICLE!!!!!!!

Marisa, 12/06/2003

We just had 20 inches of snow and my 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport just BLEW threw the snow without sliding at all.... what a great, heavy reliable vehicle... I feel SO safe in this vehicle!!!

What a pleasant surprise !

Dale, 12/27/2005

This van looks great and it has the engine to back up its beauty. I don't feel like I'm drivng a minivan when I put the pedal to the medal on hills. It's really too bad the bench seat at the back only has two shoulder belts. Hopefully Damler has addressed this Dodge oversight.

Good

Hung Chung, 04/09/2004

....

Great, but I wonder???

Ye Olde Bald Mailman, 07/06/2004

Bought this as a lease return with 29,000 miles on it. We studies all minivans on the Edmunds site and decided that Chrysler Corp. has finally cured their transmission woes and reliability and the 2003 was a really great car. We haven't been able to get the van back to the dealer for some transmission problems as they have a 2 week backlog on transmission work. This scares me!! Transmission "shudders" between 1st and 2nd gear and hits a "false neutral" when still rolling a couple miles per hour and then accelerating. I thought Chrysler products tranny problems were cured!! First minivan and maybe the last.

Ehh..not too bad

It's Me, 08/10/2005

Ive owned this car for just about 2 1/2 years and for the most part, it's great! Very few minor problems and the dealership helped correct each one. Roomy and nice design idea. Only downside... the front seats are uncomfortable, but the back seats are wonderful! Also, the traction and braking in bad weather (rain/snow) is pretty bad. Despite that, good car.

Caravan

hawk, 12/04/2005

We have had a 90 grand caravan for 8 years and liked it so much that we bought a new one, no complaints about either one. It is not a small car but gets good gas mileage for its size.

Fool me once shame on you

Mike, 04/09/2007

Purchased as grocery getter/kid transport with around 11,000 miles on it. We were leery about buying this but decided to give it a shot based on consumer reports review at the time. First 6 months we had it in 3 times for various sensor issues and to replace the steering rack (under warranty). Not including the 3 recalls on the van. It has 35,600 miles just out of warranty we’re told it needs steering rack replaced again $1000 parts and labor our cost. The transmission is starting to slip as well. This van is junk, no two ways about it. When we took the van in to have the steering looked at, the service manager told me he’s owned Chryslers for 20 years and he always buys an extended warranty

12345...8