2017 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Low Mileage Used Bargain!
By G H

2017 Dodge Durango GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Our family drives them until they die so we looked hard and ever vehicle before we bought. We bought a used 2017 GT AWD with very low mileage on it. BARGAIN! 12K under new cost! We added the extended Warranty for $1,500 (7 years 100k miles bumper to bumper) for sanity sake. Be aware that on ANY new vehicle if any part of the electronics goes out....A 3K bill will be waiting for you!!! So far we have had zero issues. Vehicle is tight, no rattles, clangs, or bangs. We paid close attention to the Carfax and where the vehicle came from so we knew what we were getting. For the price you can't touch the features this comes with. It's loaded!! Nothing comes close. We looked and looked an compared and compared and again nothing came close. My wife loved that it doesn't look like every other SUV as well. It does ride a bit stiffer than other SUV's, but not an issue for us. The infotainment system is by far the most user friendly to use compared to others out there. It all makes sense. As an FYI, this vehicle is the same platform as the Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Mercedes GLK. We spent a lot of time getting in and out of many 3rd rows. This could seat adults fairly comfortably (Equal to a Ford Explorer). The second row heated seats are such a bonus too. I wouldn't pay the price for new one(let someone else take the hit!), but as a low mileage used SUV it's a standout for Price/Features. If you add a trailer hitch can take it to the dealer and have them add the towing feature to the computer.

My Red R/T Durango a Muscle Car SUV
By Mike Emperador

2017 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

If you are looking for a stylish race car but need an SUV, the Durango R/T is for you. With its dual tail pipe roaring exhaust which will get louder and more race car sounding in Sport Mode. The 360-365 HP, 5.7 liter Hemi engine is very responsive and sounds incredible with its roar in sport mode and is also a daily driver vehicle in eco mode. The Durango has incredible room for hauling stuff and family when needed and can be a muscle car also. The Durango is just the right size being not so huge and clumsy like some of the bigger SUVs, yet not so small like the compact ones. It is also a very exciting and fun vehicle to drive from the acceleration of the 5.7 liter Hemi, to the muscle car interior and styling. Give it a test drive!

Under rated SUV
By Suzanne

2017 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The only con I’ve found so far is that it’s taller than our Trailblazer was, so it’s harder to get in the front seat. It has lots of pros so far. The ride is quiet and comfortable. It gets great gas mileage, 24-27 mpg. The gps is easy to program and easy to use.

After owning this Durango for over a year, I think auto reviews under rate this suv. With great gas mileage, comfort and space, it has everything the owner could want. Extremely well equipped and we get compliments on it frequently.

Recall sys upd took the value out of this vehicle
By hw

2017 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After having the suv towed to the dealer, it turns out that the system update performed 2 days earlier, removed functionality from my suv!!! I only use this vehicle for towing. While hooking up or parking, I am in and out of the cab a lot.
Mostly its moving the vehicle a few inches one way or the other - so I need a frame of reference on the ground - thus the open door!!!!
Now the imperious Dodge brand has decided to remove the functionality I paid for!!!
I can't wait to dump this suv!
Chad was great taking care of the situation! I give Chad a 5! I give the Dodge corporation a 0!!! would be a minus if I could!

Haven't owned long but really like it
By D.brown

2017 Dodge Durango GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It's a pretty big suv