Used 2004 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 268 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Just bought 14 yr old Durango
By Preston

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased after looking for several monthes. Found a clean used 04 Durango SLT for a great price. Has 156k miles but ran a Carfax on it and it had the best Service record I had ever seen for a used vehicle. Drives and handles like a new vehicle considering it’s age and miles. Gas mileage is not great but I bought for comfort and it fits that bill perfectly.

enginer failure
By Doug

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 5.7L engine in my 2004 Durango with 98,000 miles failed and must be replaced at ~$7000. based on research this is a common problem. Loved the vehicle and loyal to Dodge prior to this problem. not likely to buy another dodge

2004 Durango Limited - Great SUV for the money
By Tom Herd

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Durango is now 14 years down the road - still in great condition - except small area of rust on driver's side rear wheel well, and I've seen this on a number 2004 Durango's - could be a minor defect in water deflection, directing it to that specific area. Overall - a great vehicle - great in snow or rain, comfortable on long drives and reliable

My second set of wheels.
By Virgel

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 6 years. It now has high miles and is showing rust. It is a big full size SUV that is very comfortable and all wheel drive has great traction in Wisconsin winters.

used but new to us
By kelleyb

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We just brought 04 Durango limited with all bells and whistles for under 7000. with 137000. In my 30 yrs of marriage to a ford guy,I stuck to my guns when buying this sweetie. LUXURY ABSOLUTELY !!! you name it, she has it.. Hubby argued wanted a another Ford, since Ford Explore engine seized. Nope I told my hubby my money my pick. car dealership had all the recall fixed by dodge technician before it came home with it. Most importantly I just brought a small used ero lite camping trailer and we needed SUV to pull it. The former owner took real good care of it. She did put some over sized tires on it, which make you think climbing into truck. love height and underneath clearance. safety for everyone riding in it. With grandkids and elderly parent that goes long way with me. We have had Nissan, Ford, Eagle, Chevy, Miata(still have) GMC all driven into the ground. But this is dream come true for this old woman. Can't wait to take to w/ trailer to Yellowstone next spring for our 30 anniversary .