Used 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Consumer Reviews

SRT Hellcat 6.2L V8 Supercharger 8-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

Dealer Rip-off
By Cal

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat SRT Hellcat 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Watch out for the dealers they try to rip you off on warranty policy, they want to extend at too high a cost and not through Dodge and they will try and slip in all kind of extra's you don't need. LOL

Hell of a Cat
By Stephen

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat SRT Hellcat 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Be forewarned, this is not the family minivan. The car is beyond fun to drive and going from 0 to 60 is just the beginning. On the highway there is no problem pushing the gas peddle and being pinned to your seat. There is a lot of engine and exhaust noise inside the car, but that is no secret and Dodge list that as a positive point. When driving you need to constantly be aware of the 707 HP under the hood. A little too much gas and the rear wheels break lose and start to spin. Taking the car into sport and track mode will only cause you to lose traction even quicker. Great car to own and drive.

SRT Hellcat muscle car like no other!
By Zoltan N Kraynik

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat SRT Hellcat 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Hi everyone: My 2016 red Hellcat is really exciting, and sometimes a bit much to handle, so if you are going to purchase this super vehicle, do not to expect an MPG any more than 10.7 miles per gallon unless you are in ECCO Mode. Having said that, Dodge has built one of the most exciting vehicles ever produced for the average working class person. I am retired after 45 years in Law Enforcement, this Hellcat makes me feel like a kid again. How do you put a price on something like that!! Dodge really got it right!! Thank You Dodge SRT Team. Sincerely Zoltan N Kraynik

Car of my dreams
By Bob

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat SRT Hellcat 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The raw power of this car is through the roof. The handling is fantastic, and the interior comfort is luxurious. All of this and one bad a@# muscle car, doesn't get any better than that. I have owned mine now for a year and a half and it makes me smile every time I take her out. I have owned an average of 2 new cars per year and I am 61 now and this has been my all time favorite. It's not just a car but a rare movement. First Dodge I have ever owned and have not had a second of trouble out of her and I have played very hard with her at times and she doesn't even break a sweat. Draws looks like flies to poop, like nothing I have seen before. Hard to drive normal in this thing but does it very well, if that is what you want to do. However it has another side to it that loves to be unleashed. I was expecting a lot out of this car when I got her and she has exceeded all of my expectations.

UPDATE: Have owned this beast of a muscle car now for 2 and 1/2 years and I love it now more than ever! Have not had any issues except for excessive rubber use, can't help but get into the gas peddle every now and then, the tires seem to disappear when you do that too often. Still makes my heart skip a beat every time I take her out for a ramp. Never had a car that has checked all the boxes for me like this one and I have had a LOT of new cars in my life time. Everything from a Porsche, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, Ford ect. to a $63,000 trucks. This is my favorite! (still have my truck, love it too)

12 Oct 2018 Update:
Currently have just over 13,000 miles and the car has still been flawless. Still the car of my dreams and still draws crowds. Have owned my Hellcat now for just over 3 years and could not be happier with the reliability, performance and the MPGs blows me away, I easily get 25 mpg highway. Driving around the house and to town and back I usually average 19 mpg (unless I do a lot of showing off).

Hells yeah
By Lee

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat SRT Hellcat 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Awesome car. Turns heads everywhere. People want to race at every light. Poor rear visibility.