Used 2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

My first Hemi
By RedlineRedRT

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Beautiful car, very comfortable for a muscle car, not so great on gas lol...but getting good gas mileage is not the point of buying this car right? I mean, this IS a muscle car, and when driven as such, will return low-moderate numbers at best. You CAN get better mileage if you drive it like a Prius, but why not just buy a Prius then?? Anyways, I LOVE my new ride. Would buy it again in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm already looking for another one to buy haha!

Lots of problems
By spedly

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '11 SE model with less than 7000 miles on it.
(It turned out being wrecked).
I have had two recalls (which came after the problems started and the dealers didn't know how to fix).
Just recently, my alternator died and I couldn't find an aftermarket one, so the mopar alternator cost over $500 (after the fact, the alternator became a recall item).
The radio was not at all powerful so I had to put in an aftermarket amp. Lots of frustration and disappointment!
The blind spot is huge and is hard to back up to park.
On the bright side I love my car when it is running. Haha! I always get compliments on it and I think it rides better than the CTX Caddie.

Well, Edmunds wanted me to update my review so here is a 5 year update. The ride is still good and I still get compliments on the looks of the car. The V6 is powerful and I have no problems passing and making left hand turns. After correcting the 3 recalls on the electronics, I haven't had any visits to the repair shop. I still have a pending recall, the Takata (sp?) passenger airbag. The only bad thing currently is that as soon as I made my last payment a mysterious rattling noise is coming from the dashboard and is extremely annoying. I have close to 70k miles on it. I'm on my 3rd set of tires ( I rotate my tires every time I change my oil, every three to five thousand miles). The first set that came with the car lasted about 20k then the Bridgestones lasted 45k.

So, in review, it's paid for, it rides and looks good but darn that rattle is driving me crazy!!

Edmund's wanted me to update again, year 7. 85k miles and just put on my 4th set of tires. still have a mystery rattle going on. I changed my trans fluid about 75k . Getting ready to put on new brakes. I also put on a cold air intake, it maybe increased performance, it increase gas mileage about 10% and it also made the engine a litter louder, especially when you 'get down on it'. My radio is down to one speaker. I gotta look into that one, lol.

R/T Classic GWE
By rcatta

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love this car. Green with envy color. I live in NYC and get people taking photos all day long.
It is just beautiful. And when I am on the highway, the engine just purrrrrs. No problems. Plenty of power, torque, plenty of room inside. My only real complaint is the steerting wheel is not the most comfortable, like they are in most modern cars.

Love the manual six speed. Engine capable of 400+ HP. The styling of this car is surely one of its best features. Power and beauty combined.

Manual six speed, upgrade with Hurst shifter. Mopar cold air intake and Borla cat backs. Sound system upgrades.

too many recalls
By gearheadbear

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2011 Challenger since the end of 2011 and still have less than 15,000 miles. My wife stays at home and this is not a commute vehicle. I had problems with the door handles and wiring harness before the recalls even came out. Now the torque converter gave itself up internally. After taking back twice dealer is replacing the torque converter only and "flushing" the transmission. Antioch Dodge in Northern California is not the right place to get proper service done right the first time.

Style

Better support and customer service after the vehicle is sold.

Year old and still #1 in my choice
By fuelfromh2o

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased July 2011, have 17k miles on the hub with NO problems in quality, performance & reliability.
Added a CAI and HHO to the V6 and it came alive after 8k miles of break in. For a V6 it turns 0 - 60 in 6sec flat all day long. It will bury the needle with a little effort approaching the 140mph mark.
Dodge did it "RIGHT"
with this combination. Can honestly admit that the Challenger can hang with the Mustang or Camero of equal equipment any day of the week and in most cases walk away in second gear and never look back.

Nicely made interior and very comfortable on long trips Atlanta to Seattle. Fuel mileage was great 29.7mpg at 80+mph and it held the road perfectly on the mountain passes in Montana and Idaho on I-90. Visibility is good and road noise was minimal on various road surfaces. The cruise control was very efficient, one could never out drive it. Dodge put the pencil to the drawing board on this one and got it RIGHT.

Only problem is the Dodge folks won't release the code for performance after market tuning. The 305 Hp is great but this V6 has a lot more to offer if they'd give up the code. OR at least let the dealership have it for customer requests for a performance dealer tune. The problem is a soft start throttle. lacks responsiveness. Dump that sluggish start and the V6 would come out screaming, instead of the 1800rpm kick in on the tach.