Used 2014 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Town and Country for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Disappointed in navigation system

Ray, 01/27/2016
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I think that Chrysler has done it self and its customers a disservice with their inclusion of the Garmin navigation system. Lifetime maps should be included even if it adds to the price. It is a safety issue to not have up to date maps. A reasonable price like $25 wouldn't be bad but I will not pay $149 + to update maps. My TomTom has free map updates and only cost $89. Also all available safety features should be standard. We will be getting rid of our van in a year of so. These are still the only complaints we have. Another problem is that there is no spare tire included. We have had 2 tire punctures in 22,000 miles, fortunately they were in town. The last road trip we averaged over 29 mpg with both city and highway driving. We had an issue with the engine light coming on and it turned out to be the sensor that makes the light come on was faulty. Replaced under warranty.

Big Mistake

Patty, 07/18/2017
Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like this vehicle because of the front visibility and the space availability. That is where it ends. Seats are not comfortable. The AC broke at 50,000 miles and I live in NY where I rarely use the AC. The repair was $900 and the next summer it was broken again. What should have been fixed the first time was not fixed correctly and it cost me another $700. Chrysler Corporation was no help whatsoever. They do not stand behind their poorly engineered product. In the winter, this vehicle is worthless at best and dangerous. It performs poorly even with a tiny bit of snow or slush. Update: I replaced all 4 tires with snow tires ($600.00) and this winter, it does perform better in the snow. I will have the expense every year of switching tires from winter to all season. Another glitch with this vehicle is the tire size. The vehicle has a 16 inch wheel but the book car service shops consult states a 17 inch tire, so when I buy tires, I have to make sure to tell them 16, not 17. I once waited 3 hours only to have them tell me the tires did not fit and they had to order 16 inch tires. Not all 2012 T and C's were created equal. I understand they no longer make this vehicle and have replaced it with the "Pacifica" I will NOT buy another Chrysler. The "stow and go" seats, although and improvement, are not as easy to operate as you see in a tv commercial. To stow or re-seat, you have to move the front seats all the way forward, move all mats, and then pull very hard to get the seat up out of storage. I am over 60, but very strong, fit and active. I honestly can't see some of my age group friends having an easy time of this...so senior citizens, beware. On the plus side, it is a roomy vehicle and with all passenger seats stowed, I can fit a full sheet of plywood or wallboard,which is nice since I can haul this stuff even in bad weather. I also fit a full size couch in it. If roomy is what you need and you don't care about comfort and reliability (hahaha) then buy this van.

nice van

Mark Bergeron, 12/02/2016
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

shop around and hold your ground on price

grand except for tran

Robert Tye, 12/27/2016
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Only drawback is the quirky transmission, this is my 4th T&C, and they all have had tranny quirks. But I have 70k on this one without any repairs, just scheduled maintenence. The imports may be somewhat more refined, but this vehicle, in my opinion, is the best value.

THE BEST EVER

LARRY'S, 07/15/2018
Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

THIS IS OUR 2ND TOWN AND COUNTRY AND THE BEST