Used 2010 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Good Car but Chrysler should be ashamed of a few things
By owner18

Good car.
Gas mileage is not as good as advertised but the van is a heavy/big van.
Two things that are a joke that they are an issue.
First, the Y connection from the heater core is made out of plastic.
This apparently goes bad about 4 years/80k mile range.
It will crack and leak where the molded plastic comes together.
I fixed with a metal plumbing T connection, some connectors, and new heater hose for about $8.
This should be a recalled defect.

Also, there is a rattle that sounds like it's coming from the doors.
It's not.
It's coming from the brake lines.
I added 5/8" rubber hose to help cushion the two lines from squeaking.
I replace these bad engineer designs for about $10.

Great features for a family.

Get rid of the plastic Y connectors that connect the heater core. You can fix for $8. Dealer wants $260...not sure what they're doing as it is a 10 minute fix. Also, add some insulation to keep the brake lines from squeaking together. I used 5/8" rubber hose to separate (not wrap) the lines. Amazingly, the noise disappeared.

Family owned van
By schooby

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Van new in 2010 with the 4.0 V-6. The van has been very reliable. We achieve 26 MPG highway doing 70MPH on flat level road. In the rolling hills and mountains of Tennessee and Montana we made 22 MPG hwy. City driving averages 16-18MPG in Charleston SC. The van comfortably tows my boat weighting 3,500lbs. Climate control & DVD system work great. I recommend either full synthetic or synthetic blend oil changed at 4-5k intervals. Transmission shifts smooth and feels solid. The front wheel drive operates well in deep snow and slushy ice. This van has been driven to Arizona, Washington, Montana, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida without any problems. Money well spent.

DVD system, high safety scores in crash testing, solid and powerful 4.0 V6, smooth transmission, lots and lots of compartments, LED interior lighting, power doors and liftgate, tow hitch easy to install, Uhaul has best price avail. Solid luggage rack, many interior options and configurations, game systems will hook up inside with built in power adapter and video/audio plug-ins, touch screen interface is simple and stable. Arm rests in seats are comfortable, heated seats in first and second rows, stow and go seating, rechargeable LED flashlight in rear of van, back up camera with night vision, you can stand on rear bumper to reach top of van, van is heavy, solid on roadways

interior scratches easy, no seat or mirror driver memory option, touch screen does not auto-dim when headlights are turned on. You must manually dim the screen in menu. Screen is too bright for night driving on bright setting.

Our first Family Car (Disaster) I will never buy again
By ra01

We bought this Car summer of 2010. After a year the real headache came in. From
(1)Transmision Jerking very hard, (2) Noisy sliding doors, (3)Vibration problems, (4)front rotors and brakes replaced at 18k miles and I have to pay 100 USD and the (5) worse thing is electrical systems went off in the middle of the road when while your drivin. Sad to say the dealership made me look stupid after I reported the problems. Leaving my car without a loaner at their fascility for them to check, the moment they called me that my car is ready, All I can see is "CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM" they replace some parts in transmission and ignition after I fought chrysler but after that problem still exist.

Entertainment system

A real customer service. We felt like actions taken doesnt work. In other words service department seems like doesnt know what their doin and is not listening to us and keep on relying on their OBD scanner. Just imagine drivin in the middle of the freeway at nightime with your baby boy and wife and suddenly all electrical systems went off. Service dept washing their hands and not digging enough to this problem by saying "CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM). Very poor service.. This dept needs the most improvement and training.

noisey
By redrooster1

2010 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Great minivan except we have had lots of problems with squeaking & rattling in the elect. side doors. 4 months after we bought it in May of 2010 it has been in the Chrysler shop about 6-8 times for the doors. It is VERY annoying. Chrysler rep. is now involved. We will see what the outcome is. Other wise we love the van.

Lots of room for the 4 of us. Rides good, comfy& love the heated seat warmers! Great minivan except for the noisy side doors.

Up grade the side door panels!

3 Major Defects...
By aneoh

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Owe this car new, now 28k miles on it.
1. The sliding door could remain open and I can lock it with my remote. Seems kinda dumb to be able to lock the locks with either of the sliding door open. Seems like an oversight in design.
2. All 4 rotors worned out and warped. Chrysler is willing to pay part of replacement cost. Seriously, this is a manufacturer material issue. So far 3 other people I know have similar problem with 2009 and 2010.
3. Transmission shifts very hard between 1 to 3 and downwards too. Other similar year van does not have as pronounced shift as my van, but dealer claims it is normal and expected. Since computer shows no code, hence no issue.
Will update when know more.

Please of good features but 3rd row seat is thin and uncomfortable for adults. Kinds love the features. Everything else is fine but the built quality and engineering defects as stated need to be fixed.

Make better seating for 3rd row. Fixed door lock issue with open doors.