Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

My first soft top
By Mitch Mitchell

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for ten years and my wife drove it to work every day. Eight years ago my daughter turned 16 and drove it to high school and college. My son just turned 16 and I am not turning him loose in a convertible. I have had no problems with the car and would keep it if I wasn't afraid of him getting hurt.

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC Convertible
By bluesman53

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my Sebring it was in 2006 and was a 1 year old Used Card with 27,000 miles. I have now had it 9 years and have put 40,000 miles on myself to bring the mileage to date to 67,000. It has been very reliable with the exception of the Rear Window Defroster that breaks every summer putting the top up and down. I chose not to replace the window. I am still using the factory Brakes, they will be replaced soon as they are at 5/32" on the Pads! At 66,500 miles I replaced the Ignition Switch. Other than general maintainance (Oil Changes, Tires, Battery) it has been a very dependable vehicle and a Blast to drive in the summer! I plan on keeping it many more years!

Favorite features..... The Convertible top!!! I replaced the stereo with a State of the Art Kenwood System which is Awesome!It has very quick acceleration. I will be replacing the OEM tail lights this summer and installing LED Tail lights.

Fix the Rear Window Defroster! Wire is way too short as the normal operation of opening and closing the Roof breaks the wire every year!! Also the cup holders are in a bad place and the space for bottles and cups is not very tall!

I LOVE my Sebring!
By maggiemae129

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2005 Touring Edition for nearly ten years. I will be selling it now to put some money towards the SUV that I really needed for my lifestyle. I had hoped to keep both, but my finances won't allow it. I will miss this little convertible dearly.

Cons - none.
Things I have fixed/replaced - window motor (due to water getting in the door too many times), rear tie-rod ends, engine light has been on for like two years due to O2 sensor (have not fixed). Tune-up/flushed all fluids, etc at about 100,000 miles.
Car has 139,000 miles and I believe it will go many more.

Looks great, handles well, driver and front passenger seat comfort, stereo sound, low maintenance.

Good Car -- Mixed Reviews
By sjt3

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2005 Sebring Convertible after four years. It was a great car overall but not without it's flaws.
Very cheaply built & even though the body was mostly plastic, still had the standard Chrysler problem of pealing paint.
Interior plastic was cheap as well.

Reliable with one exception, brakes!!!!
I only put 40,000 miles on it and had to replace the brakes twice.
My two previous cars, Chevy and a Ford, I only replaced the brakes once on each with 60,000 to 80,000 miles on it.

My only other complaint is road noise.
Very noisy!!!

Convertible was fun to drive in the warmer weather. Power top.

Road noise was terrible. Couldn't carry on conversation. Was almost easier to talk with the top down and than it was when it was up. Much louder then other convertibles. Brakes, why don't they last longer? Is Chrysler ever going to fix their problem with paint? I lost about $750 to $1,000 in trade in value because of peeling paint.

I'm a Sucker
By you got to be kiddin

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The day I brought it home the computer board was shot and had to bring it back next day. Since then nothing but trouble. Car came back with scratches all over the dash and again had to be replaced. I have since paid for two sensors to be replaced had two seals and two belts replaced still not working had it done again and is now sitting in a pubble of oil outside my work. I have had to replace brakes twice new tires and makes a constant noise I only have 39,000 miles on the car. Worst day ever the day I brought home this piece of crap. Too low to the ground, noisy and unreliable. Even the sun roof leaks.

None