Used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

I just purchased my Sebring from a dealership auct
By Terry Higgins

2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 5spd and I haven't seen too many more like it. I recently had a stage one clutch in it and I'm also going to put a hyper chip in it and possibly NOS. I've got over 200,000 miles on it but it drives like it's off the showroom floor. I have outrun brand new mustangs 5.0 & quite a few brand new trucks as well. And I haven't even put in my chip, or cold air intake. I don't think that I get anywhere near the estimated mpg on either. It is what it is... I've got a service soon light on and it lists all kinds of possibilities. It's all mainly oxygen sensors and other small thing's. I absolutely love my car. Can't wait until I'm done with it, just to see how fast a 3.0 can go..

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Coupe.
By sxybrandon

2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I Have Owed 2 Chrysler Sebring Coupes between the years of 2001 and 2002. I love the cars. The body style and the interior is very nice. I enjoy the 3.0 engine. I just wish it had a little more power. But. My issues I'm having on both cars are a Over Heating Issue. Seems like when Im driving up a hill, the car over heats. And, In the summer time. The car over heats alot.. I Have to run the air constantly to keep the fans going.. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and if anyone could tell me what that is...

The sunroof, The chrome wheels, The Infiniti Sound System, The ride, The look and design of the car. It looks very modern.

I suggest putting a bigger engine in the car, something that isnt prone to over heating and oil leaks. The 2 door Coupe Sebring Needs to be brought back.. The 2001/2002 body style is very nice..

Love my Car!
By Cass

2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LXi January 2007 with 59,000 miles on it right out of a lease. This car was my second car and i wanted something sporty, but reliable. I could not believe i found it. I unfortunately will be parting with is soon because I am 6' tall and there is no back seat space even for a car seat, but I can't complain. I didn't want anyone in my car to ruin it anyway! Such a fun car with the sport shifter. I unfortunately got stuck with a noisy suspension that has never given me any problems! First problem I am dealing with is at 115,000 miles the alternator died. That was my turning moment to say I should probably upgrade now before more happens :*(

Sporty design, Reliability, Comfortable interior design, 6CD changer, fog lights, everything!

? Only complaint is the front end. My front end hangs a little because i sometimes can't gauge where parking pylons are and happen to run over them!

My Excellent Sebring Coupe!
By Mindy

2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 02' Sebring LXI coupe used with just over $100,000 miles on it and I was going to be the 3rd owner. I was trading up from my 1997 Sebring coupe. Yep, that's right. I loved my 97' so much I was determined to get another. All maint. records came w/car and throughout very little troubles. And I have done nothing to it but new tires and oil changes in the 2 years I have owned it. It now has 125,000 miles and runs great. I feel so lucky to have such a great car. They are EXCELLENT cars, I highly recommend. Chrysler and other domestic cars are all I will ever own.

Love the sporty look, the comfortable seats, the reliability. It has never left me stranded which is super important to me!

They are not the best in snow and ice which we have quite a bit of here in Iowa, but what do you do? I won't give it up for any other car!

A Fun-to Drive Practical Commuter Car
By W.A. Duff

2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I did a spreadsheet comparison before I bought the car and am satisfied that I made a good choice. I have had more repairs than I anticipated, but it (so far) never stranded me on the road. Mid-grade gasoline provides good performance with the 5-speed manual transmission. I don't notice any difference with premium gasoline. The turning radius is too wide, but I am comparing it to my Mitsubishi 3000GT. I just looked at a another(2008)coupe, with manual transmission. It seems like a great car, but it offers too few advantages over my paid-off Sebring to persuade me to "upgrade" at this time. I will keep it in mind, however, as the Sebring ages.

The manual transmission is fairly close-spaced, with a short throw. Coupled to the 3.0L engine, it gives good street performance. The attractive body and interior are strong and provide good protection to occupants in a collision. The sound system with cassette and CD is great.

More attention to quality to provide fewer component failures/repairs would have been nice. Reduction of the turning radius also would be an improvement.