Used 1999 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews

Used Sebring for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Great Convertible

tom, 09/25/2006

We've been on several 4K trips with this car, and it has been wonderful--- very comfortable and stable on long rides----top down is a blast!

Only car I have kept over 3 yrs

mmdean, 09/13/2011

My husband purchased my 99 Convert. for my birthday 7 yrs ago, used. I have put in a sensor, passenger power window, battery and thermostat. Absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned and so fun to drive in season. I have stored mine in Wisconsin Winters, after my first winter. The handling in snow was not up to my standars, very light weight, but cannot wait to pull it out every spring. Tires are due for replacement and have been for 3 yrs. With summer driving I could put these off this long. With regular oil changes this has been the best car a woman could ask for! Trunk also needs new lift system, as water sits and does not drain out of that area. Tons of looks when i drive it

Too Many Problems

derek704, 02/26/2011

Bought the car used with 37,000mi on it CarMax 7 yrs ago. 2 years after purchase, we had a random transmission leak. Cost around $1500 to fix. 3 years ago the A/C suddenly stopped working in the middle of the summer. Spent many hours and over $300 getting the A/C fixed, and it just went out again today. Few years ago we smelled gas every time we got in, spent $200 to find out there was a gas leak above the tank?? And last summer the battery light came on and I was told the alternator was going bad. Spent $250 part and labor. 4 mos. ago dash gauges keep going dead w/ ABS light on and batt light. Replaced alt again $175. Now the 3rd one is bad w/ dead dash guages again, still cant fig. it out.

Great Sebring for me and two teenagers

socalangels, 08/14/2009

My 1999 Sebring jxi convertible was bought by me in 2000. I bought it used.It was a rental car for its first 17000 miles. I put 90,000 more miles on it and gave it to my daughter who put 20000 miles on it and now my 17 yr old son is driving it. Since my daughter now lives in Utah, my son and I picked it up from her in Salt Lake City and drove it back to Orange County California. It was 111 degrees as we drove through Las Vegas and the Mojave Desert. The air conditioning worked so well my son had to put a sweatshirt on in the car since I like it cold. We got 34 miles per gallon on the trip back! The car has been extremely dependable with no repairs other than routine maintenance!

Really Great. Sebring Haters are Crazy

shrambo, 01/23/2010

I got the car last year. It's my first car, and so far it's been great. It is 11 years old and still runs great. It gives you the illusion of a sports car and has decent performance. I raced a Jeep Grand Cherokee and smoked it. It's a little long (that's what she said) but I guess thats good because that means it's safer. My Sebring was in excellent condition until my stepdad backed into it and a ran into a minivan (two different accidents). But even through all that it runs fine. However, the passenger door is now jammed shut from the minivan.. The trunk doesnt stay up. The keys can be taken out while the engine's running. not sure if thats normal..

Fun to drive, but a hassle to maintain!

nikki73188, 05/17/2011

Bought this car used back in 08, and I loved it! It worked fine till about '09 when the A/C and Heat only would work on high, which was a pain in the winter. Tyrods have had to be replaced twice, motor mounts twice, and now the struts need to be replaced as well. Countless engine leaks, and too many electrical problems to count. The car leaks A LOT, and the mpg was great up until about last year. It's been a money pit the past few years and I cannot wait to get rid of it! As much as I love the convertible style, it's simply not worth it anymore! It spends more time in the shop than on the road, and even my mechanic is getting weary of working on it! I'll miss it, but my wallet sure won't!

Sebring convertible

Herman, 11/06/2003

A very fun car to drive. I have a new Caddi and a Tundra PU and when I go most anywhere the convertible is my choice of transportation. The only problem experienced is the heater blower fan needing repair.

LOVE the car, HATE the problems!!!

Amanda S, 08/29/2006

I bought the car at 63,000 miles and it was 4 years old. It was alright for the first 1 1/2 years. Besides all of the wear and tear, I have had 3 transmission problems (never had to replace it, but have come close to it), the AC AND heating unit doesn't work (I have to put it on full blast for anything to come out...the first 3 settings produce NOTHING), and for the past YEAR there is this annoying beeping sound that is CONSTANT!!! It's the beep that occurs when a door is open. I have to put my radio up OVER it...4 auto technicians said they won't touch it! While the beeping is going, the locks are going crazy, and at random times, the car alarm sets off! This all started at about 85k miles.

a bit annoyed

angelasoup, 04/25/2009

Alright so I have read numerous reviews on here and I am here to report i've had almost every problem on the list. The door dinging noise while the vehicle is in motion and the lights flash. The car alarm going off randomly. To fix that I had to alter the speed of my blinkers. The car takes in water underneath the floor when it rains. The transmission fluid suddenly started leaking out of nowhere and my tranny started acting up yesterday. Hope to god i can fix that! Everything falls out of the cup holders and onto the floor. The dome lights never come on when the door is opened. The trunk will stay open on it's own for 30 seconds then fall on my head. The inside is uncomfortable and boring

Stay away from this car

mikeson1, 03/02/2012

While the car may look great and fun to drive, it will always be in the shop. I have had the car in the shop 4 times, since I bought it 1 month ago. The car has been severely random misfiring and they have replaced the computer, spark plugs, valve cover, manifold, distrubuter, and they are now changing the EGR. In addition to this the car squeaks terribly at low speeds. Not only this the car has electrical problems, the cruise quit working, lights turn on and off when they want to and the remote keys only work when they want to any will randomly set the car alarm off. The car is not even junk yard worthy!!!

12345...6